New Toy

Started by bruno, July 26, 2018, 03:12:17 PM

bruno

Not a toy really, but some Bose Noise Cancelling headphones. OH MY GOD, these are bloody fantastic.
I'm off to Florida in two weeks (Mazz and Ash are getting married out there :-) ), so thought I'd treat myself for the flight.
Well having spent most of my life listening and playing music way too loud, and reaching my mid 50's - I figured I was going a bit deaf. Having to be on lots of conference calls for work - and struggling to hear what was said, I thought I'd try the Bose on a conf call. I will be using them every day now. Alleluia, the first time I could hear everything. The first thing was the noise cancelling circuit gets rid of the background noise in the office, not the chatter but the general background office hum that you don't notice is there, and then you have high quality drivers for the audio and bingo. With the background noise gone, you can hear the quiet talkers. In stead of hearing 30% of what is said, you can hear 100%. I am astounded. Also, everyone else is asking for people to repeat or speak up, I can hear everything. I also got the kids to switch on noise cancelling in a car with the engine running. The reaction was identical, a look of shock and total bemusement - the look of, where has all that noise gone! These things are bloody, and I mean bloody, brilliant.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

kenny mac

Sounds great,what model number?

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Flash Harry

They are great for travlleing and drowning out the noise of your partner snoring next to you - as testified by my wife..

I bought my missus some QC15's a good few years ago now, the ear pads have all but worn through, I have had to replace the wire twice but the batteries go on and on.

They were pricy, but they have been great value.

I hope you get the same longevity out of your Bruno.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ok, I'm envious. If it's Bose it's gonna be good. I have a small Bose sound system at home and i've always found the sound amazing.   Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800