Active Panning.....

Started by The Reverend 48, May 15, 2009, 06:46:58 AM

The Reverend 48

I'm not sure if the answer is BR specific so I have posted it here ???
I know about fixing the pan position on tracks ;)
Recently I have noticed a few songs where a track has an active pan moving from speaker to speaker...
I have a MBR and '600, and would be grateful if somebody could help me achieve this effect.......

hewhoiscalledj

I've used a stereo flanger for this type of effect before (i think.) Makes the guitar/keys sound like its swooshing from left to right to left etc... just tweak those settings till it sounds right. I think phasers have a similar effect with a slightly different color/tonality... try them both.

launched

48, I had been searching for an answer to the same question you have a little bit ago. If I am not mistaken, you are looking to get full use out of a stereo patch. Not sure what all of them are yet because I just started using them only a couple days ago, but patch 69 Pan/Trem is one of them.

It's easy to get it to work. Hit both TR1&T2 or TR3&TR4 to enable stereo recording, and those patches will light right up. Couldn't believe it when I first tried it.

Wish I knew all the available patches that did this, though.

Later,

Mark

P.S.

Sorry - Just realized you have a 600 now - I think the same thing applies, only you have to look for a flanging or tremolo/pan type patch.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

64Guitars

Quote from: 48 on May 15, 2009, 06:46:58 AMRecently I have noticed a few songs where a track has an active pan moving from speaker to speaker...
I have a MBR and '600, and would be grateful if somebody could help me achieve this effect.......

There are two ways to achieve this kind of panning:

1) Use the BR's auto-pan effect. See page 109 of the BR-600 manual, 4th edition or page 73 of the Micro BR manual, 3rd edition.

2) Manually adjust the pan setting during bouncing. In Bounce Mode, the currently-selected tracks are routed through the BR's built-in mixer section and the mix is recorded in real time on the selected destination v-tracks. So, any changes you make to mixer settings while the bounce is in progress will be recorded on the destination v-tracks. Mixer settings include track levels, track panning, track EQ, and loop effect sends. Changes to any of these settings will be recorded in bounce mode (also in mastering mode on the Micro BR only). See this message for more about this idea as it applies to fading:

https://songcrafters.org/community/micro-br/trimming-the-length-of-a-song/msg22191/#msg22191

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website