Heading up to Gainsville tonight to catch up with Blooby & Lurker

Started by Hook, July 14, 2018, 10:43:49 AM

Hook

Yes sir, the 2 of them have a gig tonight at a Pizza Place so I thought I would catch their show. Maybe even do some jamming if I'm lucky. Looking forward to some brews and tunes.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Flash Harry

not at all envious

Have a great time and say hi to the guys please..
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

kenny mac

Hook

The place is packed, they are getting a great response from the crowd and they sound excellent.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

cuthbert

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

bruno

Wow - I would have loved to be there. That's quite a monster drive for us Brits, but for Floridians, that's just 'nipping out for the evening' :-) Awesome my brothers, hope you did some jamming and recording!
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Blooby

I talked to the venue owner, and he allowed Hook to do our set break as well as sit in with us for Greeny's "Wounded Souls" and a few other tunes. Also swapped an electric sitar for a pedal. I'm ashamed to say that sitar was too much instrument for me. Hook was tuned up and making music on it in minutes. He really has an uncanny knack for making music out of anything he picks up. I'll stick to my little guitar world (and my lifelong dream of being a virtuoso on the electric spoons).

Always great to catch up with Hook. We talked on a range of subjects, including why I've been scarce around here. I hope to re-emerge one of these days.

Peace to you good folks.

Blooby

Ok, no messing, i’m jealous. I’ve been to Nashville a couple of times. I’ve heard the best at the Grand old Opry and down the strip including Tootsies which I found amazing. What I wanted to hear but never had time was music that originated in the Smoky Mountains. Oh well maybe next time.  “The Band” were the band-to listen to if you wanted Americana in its purist form, although that's only my opinion. Have fun guys.     Willie

recorder
Boss BR-800

Redler

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR