It's very quiet on here !

Started by Pete C, July 08, 2018, 01:07:16 AM

Groundy

Quote from: Speed Demon on July 08, 2018, 05:17:06 PMI haven't had any interest in much of anything lately. Getting old and tired myself.

I know the feeling Gene.

Alex.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Jean Pierre

Come on! Courage... the road is long, guys.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Ferryman

It's too hot for me, I really don't like the heat. Not spending that much time at the computer because my study is tiny, it's in the hottest part of the house and having the computer and powered speakers on kicks out additional heat. And of course as I am in the UK, the only a/c I have is a fan, which just moves the hot air around.....

I've been retired for four months and haven't had enough time to do any recording yet! Crazy, but there we are. The heat doesn't help either, all my recording gear is in that hot little study....

Quote from: Speed Demon on July 08, 2018, 05:17:06 PMDeath has claimed two members of my family in the past few months.
I haven't had any interest in much of anything lately. Getting old and tired myself.
Condolences to you are your family. Take time for yourself.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: Groundy on July 08, 2018, 10:44:31 PM
Quote from: Speed Demon on July 08, 2018, 05:17:06 PMI haven't had any interest in much of anything lately. Getting old and tired myself.

I know the feeling Gene.

Alex.
you guys take care.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Farrell Jackson

I've been reading the comments and thinking about this post for a couple of days. I too have been preoccupied with other things that life has thrown my way, which gets in the way of my music creations. I don't practice near enough to stay sharp on the instruments I play so when I do find the time to record a lot of the time is spent familiarizing myself with what used to come natural. So it takes me a while to get a song completely finished. You'll notice I still do a lot of collabs with just me adding the vocals. I find that keeps me involved without a lot of effort and gives me motivation for my own songwriting and studio work. I've always used music as an escape or therapy and it still works for me in that way. When I hit the studio it has my full attention and all my problems are momentarily put on the shelf. I think we are all busy this time of the year and that once the summer is over we'll find time for the thing we all love.....making music. So until then, we hang on.  Just my thoughts on the subject.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

TPB

Yep the summer months I sold my house and bought a farm down the road Both close on Aug 3rd so between packing out the recording studio, house and two tool sheds have no time to do anything. Still checking in and should have the studio up and running by the end of Aug. I have a 40X80 Pole barn on the new place so the studio will be 20x40 large enough to record whole bands.
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Hook

Just from watching this thread over the last few days its clear a lot of us are still around just consumed by other things. I feel like the music has just left me right now. I've had no inspiration and no inspiration to look for inspiration. My job is still to perform kids music, so I'm playing everyday but no writing or recording. I've been playing drums at my families church a bunch which is fun but in a " I love to bang on shit " kinda way.
I lurk more than log on and dont listen as often as I would like to, I have 4 kids ages 7-17...so life is kinda busy. I really miss writing and hope I get that motivation back. 
Stay strong Gene & Alex!
Rock on my friends!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Yeah you're right, but it is the quiet time of year. I still post songs because I still write songs and good or bad (and there has been a few of them)  it won't stop until someone says you're too fucking old to write decent songs. I actually belonged to a site which is still going but dead on it's feet, this site won't ever become like that because we care too much, and more than that we care for each other. Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Hilary

Quote from: Speed Demon on July 08, 2018, 05:17:06 PMDeath has claimed two members of my family in the past few months.
I haven't had any interest in much of anything lately. Getting old and tired myself.

Sorry to hear your news Gene.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

IanR

Hi friends,

I share a lot of the issues that many of you have expressed. I certainly have not had as much time this year due to work and trying to get fitter and lose weight to get my blood pressure under control (its fine now) but exercise (enjoyable though it is) takes time away from other pastimes. I still love music and songwriting and have purchased new gear (which still gives me a thrill), and have pushed out a couple of songs.

My outlook is positive as we have recruited people to help at work and I'm positive about the future.

I have heard many of you talking about a heatwave. You don't really understand heat (Alfredo excepted) unless you live here (in Australia) :-)

Have a happy summer.

Love from Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One