It's very quiet on here !

Started by Pete C, July 08, 2018, 01:07:16 AM

Pete C

Hi All

Just commenting on how quiet it seems to be on Songcrafters at the moment - I suppose it's down to being summer, holidays, World Cup and so on.  It's 8 years now since I joined Songcrafters - in 2010 I had 2 months off work due to stress and exhaustion of being overworked by the company I work for, along with half of my team. At the time I had a few visits to a counsellor who asked what do really like doing - making music. That's how I came to join the site.  I know I'm not a prolific poster and every year I promise myself I'll do more recording but life always seems to get in the way. I lost one of my best friends, Steve, this year - he went in hospital in February for an operation, had a seizure from which he never regained consciousness and died in April. Same age as me and my wife and I often went on holiday with him and his wife. In fact we had 2 planned for this year. Knocked me for six. Anyway, once the heatwave in the UK passes I hope to get a few more recordings done.

Hope everybody is keeping well !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Hilary

It is quiet on here but then it's hotter than hell atm!

I don't think the choice of Fests has helped - the last one only had a couple of contributors and this month's hasn't had any yet. The recent/present fests don't inspire me or interest me but hey it's a democracy.

I guess it's here if you want it and if you don't, it'll still be here when you do, hopefully . . .

I hope you soon get back to music Pete x
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Mike_S

Yes, I was thinking how quiet it was too. I pop in often for a peek but it does seem less active lately. I have had a hard year this year. I am working for myself and my wife has come on board to help me as its been busy and she was unhappy were she worked. My main customer was messing me about a bit so i have taken on extra work in the event they drop out completely as i thought they were going to. Fortunately (or unfortunately!!) they have not, but the workload has made it difficult to get any music done :(

I am hoping to get something in for the Oasis fest!!! but it will be in a few weeks i think. Still listening though!!
recorder
iPad GarageBand

bruno

Too hot to be indoors to make music, particularly as air conditioning really isn't our 'thing' in the UK! Although less people commenting, leads to less posting, leads to less commenting ... somewhat of a vicious cycle. I guess, unless we want to log in one day and find that this community is gone, we are going to all have to try a little harder. That's me included - I'll hold my hands up!

PS there is something about Oasis that really rubs me up the wrong way - I can't quite place my finger on it though. Although the punk fest will keep me happy! Saw this recently and it made me laugh out loud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FQxmhfXAEY
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Pete C

QuoteI hope you soon get back to music Pete x

Still having an unplugged strum and of course there's my uke which I'm still learning.

Hoping to do a couple of Oasis songs - we used to do a couple in a covers band back in the 1990's.  Been looking up the tabs for the ones I fancy doing and looking forward to using my new Zoom G5N multi-effects.

Punkfest is up my street too although I'd have preferred covers to originals as I'm not really a songwriter !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

alfstone

Speaking for myself, this is the period of the year when even *thinking* to take a guitar in my hands leads me to huge amount of sweat (Sicily is hot during summer, EACH summer...), so I'm glad that for the following two months the festivals are of no interest to me. In other words, I'll be quiet at least till September.

But...apart from this, generally speaking, my concern about SC is that we are more ar less always the same. And our average age of us members is getting older, with very few new entries. Probably this means that each one of us (due to the passing time) has less inspiration, less things to say/sing/play...

Alfredo

P.S. sorry for my English...

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Hilary

I feel very self concious playing/singing with the windows open . . . sounds a bit pathetic when I verbalise it . . .
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Oldrottenhead

I started a new job earlier in the year and too knackered to write and record as often as I used to. Plus my two daughters are on break from school and university so my second job as dad taxi has kicked in. Got one written for punk fest but no time to record it yet.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

I have got a recording space for the first time in over 3 years.

My head is brimming with music. I have to learn how to use the new space but when
I do, things are changing around here.

I will be accepting visitors later in the year.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Speed Demon

Death has claimed two members of my family in the past few months.
I haven't had any interest in much of anything lately. Getting old and tired myself.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.