On My Own (Repost) Oldrotten Lyrics and Vocals

Started by galestermusic, May 14, 2009, 08:47:03 PM

galestermusic

Yes Jim it has been sometime ago. Still amazed at your lyrics. What everyone must understand Jim (OHR) He heard this and had the lyrics to it an about an hour. NO BS!
I heard it my mouth fell to the floor.

Thanks you everyone for the compliments. :)

Working on some things now.

Oldrottenhead

QuoteWorking on some things now.
are you getting to grips with your wee box again greg? missed you good sir. you get namechecked in the song me and my happy guitars
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

galestermusic

Yes I am Jim , thank you very much for the link, that was exactly what i was looking for and I remember now 64guitars (is that a year or do you have 64 guitars? ;D) showed me this before.

Will check those songs.

Oh and I loved Soar that is on your myspace page! Great song!

Oldrottenhead

QuoteOh and I loved Soar that is on your myspace page! Great song!
cheers, hopefully we can do some more collaborations if your up for it.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

Cool tune - sad heart breaker!  Cool guitar work and my oh my ORH's voice never ceases to amaze me with the diversity!

PS. I thought 64guitars meant that he recorded a song with 64 tracks of guitars on it.  The ultimate challenge for me to beat   :o
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

jackofall

Stunningly good!!!!!!  Fabulous!

How did Jim sing this without his scottish accent?
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

galestermusic

QuoteStunningly good!!!!!!  Fabulous!

How did Jim sing this without his scottish accent?

I don't know but you can imagine my suprise when an hour later, I heard this. My mouth fell to the floor. Unfortunately I'm not a singer, and I would love to have his lyrical ability.

Ferryman

Great stuff, I'm relatively new here so haven't heard your work before Greg. Nice production, controlled guitar solo and excellent vox which really gives the music depth. I'm always amazed at the variety of vocal styles ORH can do.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

galestermusic

Bump!! Please forgive the bump. This was a song that I did when I was going through a rough time. ORH captured it in lyrics, voice and mood.

I've been checking every once in awhile and took some time to listen to the evolutions and there are a lot!

I'm happy to say I have been in a relationship with someone I have known all my life and we are getting married soon. She is awesome!

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann