P 90 soap bars

Started by The Reverend 48, May 14, 2009, 08:19:18 AM

Flash Harry

I bought a Ernie Ball copy by Vintage for my son. It was a lovely bass and great to play. they do make some good instruments and at a good price. But I have also picked up some real shockers.

I guess it's the luck of the draw. I'd like to play anything I bought before I bought it I think.

The bass is now in Australia.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

godinqc

I agree with Bluesberry .. "Damn you Mike," .. see what you started :D
I've been browsing Ebay and Kijiji all day .. I also feel a GAS attack coming  ;D

Hummm .. a Godin Redline2 would be nice

And yes let us hear this new Jem !!

Cheers !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Davo

I have admittedly little experience with P90's, but they seem to be what id like.
I enjoy the clarity and brightness of single coils, and like the output and mids of a bucker, just need a bit more top end and clarity from em-p90s split the difference.

Ive never owned a p90 equipped guitar, but I plan to put a pair of Seymour Duncan P-rails in my Fender Toronado soon.  The P-rails is a like a P90 and a rail single coil glued together.  You can get a P90, Single coild, or when combined a humbucker tone out of one pup.  Seymour Duncan has also released a new set of Humbucker mounting rings with a 4 way switch built in.  Using this with the P-rail gives you 4 tones without drilling more holes.  The pots can then be wired for in out of phase, etc. 

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/progressive/prails_shpr1/

To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe