Staring at the Wall

Started by allysonmarie, April 26, 2018, 07:07:05 PM

allysonmarie

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

This is one of the first songs I recorded with my new equipment, and the very first song where I recorded the piano first then recorded my vocals over on a separate track. I never thought I'd be able to do that, but I actually find it easier! The subject matter is basically the best way I can describe a point where my depression was near it's worst. I remember a specific day like this so well, I had to write about the memory.

Groundy

Allysonmarie, This is beautiful, your best yet,
You have a fantastic voice and top class pianist.
Good to hear from you again.
Well done.

Alex.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Ferryman

This is really good, well done! I've had similar experiences with someone very close to me and your lyrics really nailed it, especially the "waiting through the grief" line. I hope it wasn't too painful for you writing about this.

The playing and singing are top notch. I like the fact you were able to record them separately. Although playing and singing together sounds good live, for recorded work I think you can get more nuances in playing and singing when you do them separately. So all round a great song, very poignant lyrics and well recorded.

What a pleasure to hear such an emotional and thoughtful piece like this.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Redler

So emotional and beautiful! Well sung and played! Your voice and piano is great combination.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kenneth

Nicely done, with emotion. Congrats!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Ella

great job! You have beautiful voice.

allysonmarie

Quote from: Ferryman on April 27, 2018, 04:52:50 AMThis is really good, well done! I've had similar experiences with someone very close to me and your lyrics really nailed it, especially the "waiting through the grief" line. I hope it wasn't too painful for you writing about this.

The playing and singing are top notch. I like the fact you were able to record them separately. Although playing and singing together sounds good live, for recorded work I think you can get more nuances in playing and singing when you do them separately. So all round a great song, very poignant lyrics and well recorded.

What a pleasure to hear such an emotional and thoughtful piece like this.

Thank you for listening. It has always helped more than hurt when writing about things like this, but I tend to think most of my songs are throwaways because they're mostly on the sad side. And I think it's very true what you've said about doing vocals separate for recording. I notice how much more focus I can give to singing without having to keep the correct timing and notes of playing an instrument at the same time.

I really appreciate everyone's feedback. Thank you so much.