A live Kaossilator lead and a dynamics experiment

Started by Blooby, May 14, 2009, 04:55:38 AM

Blooby

Badge Jam
Time:
0:00
Volume:

This was from the first night with a new drummer, and I just got through an impassioned speech about the importance of dynamics (I think we start to "get it" about 1:45 or so).  I think this performance became a bit of an experiment on that front because not a lot is going on harmonically.  

This was "Badge" by Cream, but I didn't post the whole tune because the vocals weren't happening during this take.  I felt the need to post this outro jam because there was a spontaneous Kaossilator solo.  Not that it's anything great, but you have to picture the initial moment of perplexed faces as the other guys couldn't figure out where the phantom keyboard was coming from.  Pretty amusing I must say.  The Guinness was flowing mightily by then.

If you wish to skip all the noodling, the Kaossilator comes in at about 4:30.

I also wanted to say thanks.  Work is crazy stressful right now (this, too, shall pass), and everybody's tunes and comments been a great diversion.  I think that's why I've posted several in the last couple days.  I've been living here.

As always...peace.

Blooby

Ted

I seriously have fantasized about buying a Kaossilator just so I can see the looks on the faces of my jam buddies when I whip out a keyboard solo out of nowhere.

All the musician friends I have in town are solo-acoustic types, so even having jam buddies is part of the fantasy.

Are you living my fantasy life without consulting me?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Blooby

Quote from: Ted on May 14, 2009, 11:18:41 AMEven having jam buddies is part of the fantasy.

That would depend on whether yours involves rotary speaker simulators and leather masks.

Blooby

Ted

Quote from: Blooby on May 14, 2009, 05:34:10 PM
Quote from: Ted on May 14, 2009, 11:18:41 AMEven having jam buddies is part of the fantasy.

That would depend on whether yours involves rotary speaker simulators and leather masks.

Leather masks? No. Never occurred... to... me... Damn, you just planted the idea.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Bosko Schwartz

One word about the Kaossilator lead: WOW.  How awesome does that sound!  I had to listen to this several times.  This particular solo has a very Styx-vibe to it.  You inspired me to look into buying one of these little boxes, which I probably will very soon.  The Flaming Lips, one of my very favorite bands, use these on stage a lot and they look like a ton of fun.

Great job!
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Blooby

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on May 26, 2009, 11:21:43 AMOne word about the Kaossilator lead: WOW.  How awesome does that sound!  I had to listen to this several times.  This particular solo has a very Styx-vibe to it.

Thanks for the compliment.

Kaossilators are fun toy to tinker with, and I've found that although there are only a handful of useful sounds, they have their place, especially since I am no Rick Wakeman.  There was a thread a while back where folks were chiming in on the merit of the little units, but I can't seem to locate it right now.  It might have been within a song thread.

Peace.

Blooby

Greeny

Damn, you can play guitar Blooby. F*cking awesome skill and tones. It just really appeals to my retro-obsessed ears, and always has interesting little hooks and diversions. Some great noodling, and then that otherworldly kaosillator comes in like a prog-rock dream. Very, very cool. By the way - I love 'The Museum of Oddities' as a name / theme - it brings to mind all sorts of creepy overtones and undertones, and the culture of freak / geek shows that I'm very interested in. Sorry I don't get over this way much - it's all I can do to keep up with the BR section at the moment.

Oldrottenhead

keep missing all these great posts in the br1600 section, another great post blooby, this reminds me of something not sure if its spirit/randy california or maybe zappa same era, yeah "little house i used to live in" off "burnt weenie sandwich", guitar at parts has that early zappa tone and freestylee playing, a bit doors as well love it.
had a kaossilator in my hands on saturday £120 squids a steal, if you have a spare £120 at the time i didnt bugger, wasv tempted to put it on plastic but mrs orh would have killed me.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

Great listening music Blooby - I enjoyed listening while working! 

I like the guitar jam - reminds me of Peter Frampton a bit! 

That Kao is pretty cool and adds some psychelic Doors / ELP sounds to the mix.
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

OsCKilO

How the F**K do you do this "Off the cuff!?!?!?!!

Bloody Genius.

Played with a Kao at a shop, but I didn't think it could add this much!

But I think most of the feel of this track comes from the Guitars!

Peace

T(Osckilo)

Damn thats good.......!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy