A live Kaossilator lead and a dynamics experiment

Started by Blooby, May 14, 2009, 04:55:38 AM

Blooby

Quote from: oldrottenhead on May 27, 2009, 02:03:11 PMThis reminds me of... zappa...yeah "little house i used to live in" off "burnt weenie sandwich", guitar at parts has that early zappa tone.

I can only recall people comparing me to two guitarists regularly: Eric Johnson (never heard it personally) and Frank Zappa.  I just bought tickets to Zappa Plays Zappa in Orlando, FL, my third venture with this group as I missed the real thing when Frank was alive.  His catalog is so vast that I'm still working my way through it.  I would love to do a version of "Peaches en Regalia" here if somebody was up for a collaboration.

Thanks, osckilo, for your kind words.  I am so jazzed about serendipity these days.  I normally can't stand my own playing, but I hear (some) parts of this improvisation that I truly like.  It's certainly not perfect, but I like to hear humans playing off of humans, warts and all.  The fact that others can appreciate it is not lost on me. 

Thank you.

As always...peace.

Blooby

OsCKilO

Quote from: Blooby on May 31, 2009, 08:24:36 PMI like to hear humans playing off of humans, warts and all. 

I Guessed.......

Your Playing Is Sublime!

Polished to an extreme!

Improvisation becomes a thing of clear structure when you are able to play this well!

Peace Friend

T
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

launched

Quote from: Greeny on May 27, 2009, 10:24:11 AMDamn, you can play guitar Blooby. F*cking awesome skill and tones.

I'm gonna get slapped for quoting people so much, but no point in chewing cabbage twice. A very good live performance - the sound quality is amazing. Have tried with friends and even discounting the "eh" playing, it's hard to produce good audio from a session.

I read somewhere you had an edrum kit - Is that what is being used here? There is a chance for me to get one cheap, so I was just curious...

See you around,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Blooby

Thank you for all your kind words.

To answer your question, Launched, yes, this is the electronic set (http://www.yamaha.com/drums/drumproductdetail.html?CNTID=546747&CTID=).  It was worth the investment to me.  For instance, a guitarist, bass player, keyboard player, and drummer will come over on Wednesday night.  Everything will be set up beforehand.  They like it because nobody is lugging gear (except for a guitar and bass), and I like it because I'm not lugging gear, nor am I traveling.  On top of that, people literally walk through the door and are ready to play within a minute or two.   Everything gets mixed through the BR-1600 (and a submixer for the keyboards and background vocals), and that goes to some monitors.  Except for some bleeding on the vocal mics, everything is isolated in its own track.

I started thinking about this setup well over a year ago, and so far (since January), it's been working out pretty well.  Mostly, it's been fun to down an ale or three and hang out with some genuinely nice people who also like music.

Once again, thank you all for your support.  It means quite a bit.

Peace.

Blooby

Geir

Quote from: Blooby on May 31, 2009, 08:24:36 PM
Quote from: oldrottenhead on May 27, 2009, 02:03:11 PMThis reminds me of... zappa...yeah "little house i used to live in" off "burnt weenie sandwich", guitar at parts has that early zappa tone.

I can only recall people comparing me to two guitarists regularly: Eric Johnson (never heard it personally) and Frank Zappa.  I just bought tickets to Zappa Plays Zappa in Orlando, FL, my third venture with this group as I missed the real thing when Frank was alive.  His catalog is so vast that I'm still working my way through it.  I would love to do a version of "Peaches en Regalia" here if somebody was up for a collaboration.
Yes that's it "little house ... " bugged me until I read ORH's comment . And as one that have 70+ of Zappa Albums that's a BIG compliment in my book !! And the kaoss-solo sounds line somthing George Duke could have done had tha kaossilator been around in the 70s.

"Peaches en Regalia" is my absolute favorite Zappa-tune (heard it live with the Grandmothers a month ago!!) but I'm not sure I'm up to playing it ... Would love to try tho' !!! (at least I can have a go at the weird guitaroutro of peaches 3 ;D ) Please give a review of the ZpZ concert (been to one myself : 10/10)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ted

A while back I proposed a ZappaFest, and called dibs on Valley Girl.

Anyone else want to do this when we recover from the NEILFEST?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Geir

Quote from: Ted on June 04, 2009, 11:15:00 AMA while back I proposed a ZappaFest, and called dibs on Valley Girl.

Anyone else want to do this when we recover from the NEILFEST?
Count me in !!! Dunno what to play yet 'cause everytime I try a Zappa-song that I think "that's easy" .... IT'S NOT ...
maybe "You are What You Is" or Montana
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

Frank Zappa's just been name-checked in a Jemima's Kite song... coming soon.... ha ha

Ted

Quote from: Greeny on June 05, 2009, 02:54:36 AMFrank Zappa's just been name-checked in a Jemima's Kite song... coming soon.... ha ha
"Name Checked?"  Is that what the kids call a "shout out?"
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Oldrottenhead

i'm up for doing vocals for "you can even take your clothes off when you dance" or "brown shoes don't make it"

did someone mention  fz gets a shout out in the next jk song. whits a shout out is the same as a name chack.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann