Guitar Synth Jam

Started by Blooby, May 13, 2009, 06:32:37 PM

Blooby

ColinSynthJamI
Time:
0:00
Volume:

I was dumping old files, and I found this.

A keyboardist buddy came over, and if I'm not mistaken, we ran a Boss drum machine, a Roland guitar synth, and a keyboard (or two?) all in stereo through a cheapo mixer into the Micro BR.  Unfortunately, I had to squash it to a 56 kb/s mono MP3 to post it.

It's just a big improvisation between the two of us (drums fade in after a minute or so), and it drones on for over ten minutes, but I thought it atmospheric enough to post.  I enjoy it when he switches to the piano sound.  Sorry for the monotonous drums, but it was live, so no hope of remixing.

Consider it a gentle laxative for the next time you're stopped up (...ah yes, toilet humor).

Peace.

Blooby

Wiley

Very atmospheric.  Very easy listening. it amazes me how you guys come up with some of this way to cool stuff.
P.J.

Geir

really smooth !!! soothing ... I think I can go to bed now !! Only thing bothering me ... is it mono .. or am I just too tired ... well ... calming ... relaxing .......

thanx

cheers
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

launched

Boy, I hope you save this stuff somewhere else when you clean the hard drive out. It would be a shame to lose. Very relaxing, but a little intense at times - This is great!

Later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ted

This sounds like the kind of new-age jazzy stuff that usually gets crashed by an overplaying fretless bass player.  And, as a fretless bass player, I mean that in a really good way.  Sometimes you need to lock us out of the house.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Blooby

Quote from: Ted on May 13, 2009, 07:55:09 PMThis sounds like the kind of new-age jazzy stuff that usually gets crashed by an overplaying fretless bass player.  And, as a fretless bass player, I mean that in a really good way. 

By all means, crash away.  A little Jaco never hurt anybody (except the scores of gigs where he was too f'ed up chemically or mentally to play tastefully.  He's still one of my favs, though.  You gotta love him.).

Blooby

Ted

Quote from: Blooby on May 13, 2009, 08:01:05 PMBy all means, crash away.  A little Jaco never hurt anybody (except the scores of gigs where he was too f'ed up chemically or mentally to play tastefully.

I love the story of how Bill Bruford was credited as one of the composers of the improvised King Crimson piece Trio when he didn't play a note.  He was miked up and everything, and had the sense to contribute silence.  For me, not hearing that predictable wanna-be-Jaco sound was just one of the things I appreciated about your song.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

SdC

Quote from: Ted on May 13, 2009, 08:13:15 PMI love the story of how Bill Bruford was credited as one of the composers of the improvised King Crimson piece Trio when he didn't play a note.  He was miked up and everything, and had the sense to contribute silence.  For me, not hearing that predictable wanna-be-Jaco sound was just one of the things I appreciated about your song.
John Cage has a whole silent symphony, with a complete orchestra! His best work for my taste  :D

recorder
Boss BR-600

Greeny

This even calms the stresses of work as I sit here listening at my desk. The brass-like synth reminded me of 'Shine on You Crazy Diamond'. This is an excellent bit of prog-rock-jazz-ambient jamming!!!! Lots and lots of talent going on here.

Satchwood

Thanks for the laxative Blooby, I feel more relieved and stress free - very calming affect this tune has!  I could listen to this all day while at work.
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)