Original: "Walkin' in the city"

Started by Geir, May 13, 2009, 05:51:23 PM

Satchwood

Very cool Geir - cool growling voice!  I had to look up Porsgrunn - nice harbor town there.
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Geir

Uff da !! Now I remember ... Sorry Ted I completely forgot about that last Uff Da !! Yes I do think Boss should reconsider the naming of the undo function, then we would have a complete word instead of UND we'd get UFF which is much more fitting. 25% Norwegian ain't bad for an Arizona guy, most Norwegians ended up in the Midwest !! My distant relatives did!

Quote from: Dmann on May 14, 2009, 09:28:17 AMThis is a really cool arrangment. Reminds me of japanamation for some reason, very cool.
It could have somthing to do with the guitar effect. I used a pitch fx on the zoom adding a 5th that I tweaked so the 5th is just 25% of the signal.

Quote from: facemask93 on May 14, 2009, 11:43:53 AMHi geir,thanks for your comments on john barlycorn, just been listening to your stuff and i'm very impressed, it's very diverse, but you have a talent man, i'll be keeping track.

facemask93
Thank you Robert!! Really appreciate you taking time to listen to more of my music when there so much good music beeing posted these days! I'll sure be following your work too 'cause that first post was marvelous!!

Hey Satch !! Yeah Porsgrunn rules  ;D ... well it's actually a great place to live.. close to the sea, close to the mountains, close to the woods .... only drawback is that there's only one half-decent music store here ... but it had the MBR so who's complaining !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bro

Wow, this is kinda weird!

Um... A god mix and stuff, very inspiring!

Not that much my taste, but great job!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Ted

Quote from: Geir on May 14, 2009, 12:48:00 PM25% Norwegian ain't bad for an Arizona guy, most Norwegians ended up in the Midwest !! My distant relatives did!

My immediate Norwegian roots are in the Midwest--Iowa to be precise.  I'm going back to visit Sioux City this summer to visit the graves of my Norwegian immigrant grandparents--and maybe I'll mutter some words into my MBR Walkin' in the Graveyard.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ferryman

Geir, just love this one! This is very Can-like, has that hypnotic feel and I love that fuzzy guitar. And of course, slightly mad as well. I'm really glad you don't sleep much!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ted

Quote from: oldrottenhead on May 13, 2011, 06:02:02 AMon this day bump

I was thinking of this song a couple of days ago. I took my MBR for a walk with the dogs, and was mixing a song.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Geir

Shameless OtDB for a weirdo :D

Quote from: Ted on May 14, 2009, 10:02:33 AMUntil then, remember: Uff Da! is Norwegian for Undo.  I think I'll keep reminding you of that until you admit it's the funniest Norwegian Boss-BR joke you've ever heard.
Yes yes I do admit it !!! If I ever get hold of the firmware code to the MBR I WILL hack the undo function !!!!

Quote from: Ted on May 13, 2011, 08:10:38 AM
Quote from: oldrottenhead on May 13, 2011, 06:02:02 AMon this day bump
I was thinking of this song a couple of days ago. I took my MBR for a walk with the dogs, and was mixing a song.
Most of my mixing on the mbr was done (especially on the bigger projects) carrying my mbr around ........ walking or working .....

Lately I've been using the MBR80, ... the 800 is too big to carry around
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

T.C. Elliott

Glad you bumped it cuz I had missed it in 09... and again in '11. Kind of surprised at the style but pleasantly so.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London