"If I Walked with the Dead" by The Stan Laurels

Started by Bosko Schwartz, May 13, 2009, 04:26:21 PM

Bluesberry

Very nice, I can hear everything.  Don't touch a thing, you may not get back to this mix and you may make it worse.  I think it is perfect, it is very clear, lots of space, nothing is crowding anything else, I can hear the bass, I can hear the guitar at the end,  I can hear the organ swirls, the vocal sits nicely in the mix, I LOVE IT.  Please Bosko, leave this one alone and get started on your next song, I am dying to hear what else you come up with.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bosko Schwartz

Thanks, Flash!  "Fucking ace" is a right good compliment in my book!

Bluesy -- HAHA -- I don't know whether to take this as a compliment or just a demand for me to shut the hell up about this song already!  Either way, I appreciate everything you said and I will heed your advice.  You are so right, I will most likely make it worse in one way or another if I touch a thing.  I am never, ever messing with this song again.  Even if the next 10 people who post say the mix sucks donkey ass.
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Geir

Just perfect ..... If you ever go on tour with this one in Norway I'll be the first in line to buy tickets!!!

Please fill up an album so we can go buy it in the stores !!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bosko Schwartz

Thanks, Geir.  I don't know what you and Bluesberry have been smoking to call it "perfect," but I will certainly take the compliment.  Must be some good stuff.

There will be no tour for this one-man-band, but I can tell you I am pretty darn close to finishing my debut album.  13 songs, full-length.  It is mostly done, just finishing up some final mixes and adding/touching up other bits here and there.  It will be on iTunes ASAP.  Finishing this song was a big step in the right direction.

The next finished song I am about to re-mix and get everyone's help with will be posted soon.  Think Zombies, "Odessey & Oracle" era.

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Quote from: Bluesberry on May 21, 2009, 03:50:39 PMPlease Bosko, leave this one alone and get started on your next song, I am dying to hear what else you come up with.

Yeah, give us another teaser - we can't afford iTunes! Just kidding - You make great music, glad you came by to share it!!

Rock on, Brother Bosko!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Blooby

Great final mix.  The keyboards are sitting much better, and I still like where the bass is sitting (I think it dropped out a bit in your second mix if I remember correctly).  Mostly, though, a really great song with great construction.

Look forward to more.

Peace.

Blooby

Bosko Schwartz

Thanks, launched and Blooby!  You were right, Bloob, about the bass in the 2nd mix, and I just hated it.  The bass is very important to me.  Some people take it for granted, but I know no one here does.

Thanks again to EVERYONE for all the compliments and encouragement.  Next song will be up after the weekend.

And a special thanks to 64Guitars for successfully merging all three of my separate topics for this song into one streamlined topic.  I had originally asked him to remove the first two posts, but he of course came up with a better solution.  There is no one better for the job of Global Moderator! :) :D ;D

indierik

Ok, where can I buy your album(s)? Seriously, I looked on Amazon and Lala already.

Personally I like the vocals, I think they sound great, you can still hear all the other instruments and the lyrics clearly, one doesn't dominate the other. The effects on your voice sound fine to me as well.

More, more, more! 
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Bosko Schwartz

Thanks, indierik, very much!  To answer your question, I am working on my debut album now and it is very close to being done.  If I didn't spend so much time on this site, it would probably be done by now. :-\  But there's such a wealth of awesome music on this forum alone that it's enough to keep anyone busy for days.  I will let everyone know when my album is released, and I am thankful for any and all support I get! ;D