OsCKilO

Hopes
Time:
0:00
Volume:

Time:
0:00
Volume:

I particularly like a region of France called the Somme near a place called Aras.

An Old friend of mine ("Willie Mohan" of  www.wm-tours.com), who is now retired and running battlefield Tours, took me there in 2003.

The area is famous for the occurrences which took place there during WW1.

It was a Hellish place during this time..... Willie would show us pictures of the terrain, which closely resembled a "Moonscape"!

This was the extent to which the area was shelled and mortared......

It is much in contrast to the areas current state, which I describe now as one of the most serene places on Earth!

One of Willies lessons talked of "Wilfred Owen" the famous war poet......

In the time he could gather between manoeuvres, he would throw himself briefly into a literary daydream and write his thoughts on letters to his mother and also in verse. This was in an effort to escape the utter horror he had seen in the battle field.

This is one of the things that stuck with me from the Trip.....

The ability of the human mind to use creativity to combat extreme stress!

Being thrown out of your daydream by a shell attack....... Then trying to get back to it once the calm restores....

This ability can allow a weary soldier a couple of moments of escapism away from the battle.

Even simply noting the horrors down seemed to act as impromptu therapy. It also immortalised the events and lessons these brave men had been party to, for generations to come.......

I tried to picture how it felt to enter that uncomfortable, forced dream state.....

In remembrance.....

This is called  "Hopes"..........  

Peace

Tharek and Kai (Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Kody

Wow, I can't write a poem in privacy of my own bedroom~ Much less an active battlefield~ I'm even without words about this guy.......

Cool post, Osckilo....I like the story behind to song~ Which is great!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Satchwood

Very daydreamy mr. T - I like it!  Great story to go along with it - I'm sure ORH can add some lyrics as well.  But it sounds great as an instrumental as well - helped me escape some of the fires I'm battling here.
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Wiley

I can't hear it all. It just quits right when it gets going.  But I loved the beginning.  Hopefully have time to download.    You are just so great and tell such stories with your songs.

Geir

Some moviemaker should be noticed about what you do !!!! You have a true talent of making really emotional and visual instrumental music ...  I'm not sure if even ORH can make this one better (well he probably can .... it's almost annoying how much excellent work he has made lately .. inspired by you) ... even if he should do it, this stand very well on it's own !!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

launched

Hey, Guys:

As your posts are very descriptive and well crafted even without the music, I went straight to the mp3 button and read along while the music played. It's truly a form of art the way it was put together. A little moving, too.

Although I don't have the talent to create fine art, I can at least do my best to appreciate it. A fine job - very fine job.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Greeny

Dulce est decorum est, pro patria mori. I may not have spelt it right, but I know the words well enough. Wilfred Owen is one of the great poets. Several of his lines are lodged in my head forever. 'Gas... quick boys... an exctasy of fumbling...'. This is a beautiful piece of ambience (again), with another great story sitting behind the soundscape you've created. Really wonderful work guys. Talk about being on a roll...

Oldrottenhead

QuoteDulce est decorum est, pro patria mori
Dulce Et Decorum Est. great minds think alike. i messaged osckilo to ask if i sang Dulce Et Decorum Est over this tune bin experimenting this morning, but put it aside for new jemima's kite stuff.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

The Reverend 48

Dmann

very nice, thanks for sharing :)