What does your home studio look like?

Started by SdC, May 13, 2009, 04:15:20 AM

Davo

Quote from: Bluesberry on July 02, 2009, 12:08:21 PM
Quote from: Sprocket on July 02, 2009, 11:55:26 AM
Quote from: Bluesberry on July 02, 2009, 10:57:49 AMNo Tubescreamer, true.  I have a Boss BD and a Boss FDR for my overdrive needs at the moment, plugged into my Fender Blues JR.

Nice special edition! Texas Red??? What speaker does that have?
And you just gotta love the creamy chicken heads!

Ive got a blonde, thats in my avatar...but I need to change my speaker.
Do you ever record your amps? Im still trying to work that out *shrug*
Thanks for noticing Sprocket, yup the Texas Red special edition Blues Jr.  It has a Celestion Vintage 30.  I bought it when they came out (6 months ago ?), they had one in my local store (limited edition and all), and I just had to have it.  It will be a classic amp one day.  I havent played it all that much to tell the truth. It probably doesn't have 30 hours on it yet so it isn't even broke in.  In my new space I will be able to play it more.  It sounds great with my strat for sure.  I havent yet recorded my amps, I find it so easy to get great tones (with no noise) from the BR machines or Pocket Pod I havent yet tried to record them.

Ill bet that Epi will sound awesome when cranked...Maybe a Boss GE-7 would work well with it.  You can adjust EQ and even boost the signal quite a bit with one.  I hope to hear sound clips some day!
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Bluesberry

You are right Davo, I am using the Line6 Pocket Pod in front of it and it works out pretty sweet, I get all the EQ and other effects and reverb.  I can get a pretty good approximation of a Bassman I find, with my Epi Sheraton.  Great little amps for very little money (about what you would pay for a stomp box) and it gets damn loud with a real nice tube sound.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bro

Here is mine :)
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Bluesberry

Nice collection of gear you have there 0jimmi0 , that will keep you going for a while. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SteveB

JHX - By gum, I'll bet you can bang out some sound on that lot!! Very nice.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Bro

Quote from: SteveB on July 04, 2009, 09:29:26 AMJHX - By gum, I'll bet you can bang out some sound on that lot!! Very nice.

Your right, the amp is 50 watts pure tube power! :D
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

guitarron

i've got the same compressor-with 1 of the knob broken clean oflike cut away acoustics-never had one -yet
is the white solid body a hagstrom?-looks tasty

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bro

Quote from: guitarron on July 04, 2009, 09:54:08 AMis the white solid body a hagstrom?-looks tasty
It sure is! And it's just as tasty as it looks :)

Davo

To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Diego Ayala

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on May 29, 2009, 03:57:03 PMWow, what an awesome thread!  Thanks to Kody for directing me here.  Nice to see everyone else's studios and gear!  I have no pics at the moment, but here's what's in my little recording room:

• A red sparkle Jackson Drums custom drum kit next to the window in one corner (hand-crafted drums made by my dad, who owns his own drum company); the kick drum is a ridiculous 28".
  • A midnight blue Rickenbacker 620, aqua-blue sparkle Danelectro DC-3, and a black Schecter Model-T Diamond Series bass in another corner.
  • An antique burst Art & Lutherie acoustic guitar next to the door.
  • A Roland Juno-D synthesizer against the wall, next to the acoustic.
  • A Behringer B-1 condenser mic on a stand in front of the drum kit (used for vox as well as a room mic for recording drums).
  • On a small, sad little cramped desk facing the painted wall, between the drums and the synth, there sits the massive, hulking, ultra-non-portable, super-badass alien-robot music recording machine from the planet BOSS (a.k.a. the BR-1600 CD), an ART Tube MP pre-amp, and a pair of M-Audio Studiophile BX8a monitors.
  • In the remaining corner, you can find my sanity curled up into the fetal position, weeping.

Bosko, I think your pictures are the best - as I just used my imagination to visualize your play room...

I have my gear scattered and still boxed up from my move from Nebraska to Alaska...  Will try to post some pics later...