What does your home studio look like?

Started by SdC, May 13, 2009, 04:15:20 AM

Bluesberry

Thanks guys for having a look.  For me the sweetest part is that I can leave everything out and ready to go, whenever inspiration strikes.  I am playing my guitars a little more I find bescause I can just plug in and play, where before I have to set everything up all the time and then put it all away.  Also I can just close the door when the house is full of 7-8 year olds and get some guitar time to myself, sweet.
Quote from: Pinedog on June 30, 2009, 11:45:23 AMI bet we will hardly recognize your studio in another month...with posters on the walls and such. How do ya like those Rockit monitors?
You are right about the posters.  The monitors are "Yorkville", Canadian company.  I just got them and man are they nice.  I was using a bookshelf stereo, but these suckers let me hear everything so much clearer, wonderful.  I am glad I got them.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

lg

I like your studio BB! very inspiring....

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Vanncad

Bluesberry - Happy Belated Canada Day!

Nice set-up. I wish I had a room to lock myself in.

2 Questions:

1. Is that a 5w Epiphone? If so, can you point me to a tune that you've done with it so I can have a listen?

2. Where's the Tubescreamer?
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Bluesberry

Quote from: Vanncad on July 02, 2009, 10:34:12 AMBluesberry - Happy Belated Canada Day!

Nice set-up. I wish I had a room to lock myself in.

2 Questions:

1. Is that a 5w Epiphone? If so, can you point me to a tune that you've done with it so I can have a listen?

2. Where's the Tubescreamer?
Thanks for the Canada Day greeting.  No Tubescreamer, true.  I have a Boss BD and a Boss FDR for my overdrive needs at the moment, plugged into my Fender Blues JR.  As for the Epi, yes it is the 5W Valve Jr.  I haven't recorded it yet but I am sure it would sound great.  I find it a bit muddy on its own (no EQ, just one volume knob on front) and I can't crank it loud enough to get any overdrive in my home, but I run my Pocket Pod in front of it and it is dynamite.  It is a great home use practice amp.  It would also be a real good recording amp, I just havent done it yet.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Sprocket

Quote from: Bluesberry on July 02, 2009, 10:57:49 AMNo Tubescreamer, true.  I have a Boss BD and a Boss FDR for my overdrive needs at the moment, plugged into my Fender Blues JR.

Nice special edition! Texas Red??? What speaker does that have?
And you just gotta love the creamy chicken heads!

Ive got a blonde, thats in my avatar...but I need to change my speaker.
Do you ever record your amps? Im still trying to work that out *shrug*

I cant wait till I move so I can arrange my own studio  ::)

Bluesberry

Quote from: Sprocket on July 02, 2009, 11:55:26 AM
Quote from: Bluesberry on July 02, 2009, 10:57:49 AMNo Tubescreamer, true.  I have a Boss BD and a Boss FDR for my overdrive needs at the moment, plugged into my Fender Blues JR.

Nice special edition! Texas Red??? What speaker does that have?
And you just gotta love the creamy chicken heads!

Ive got a blonde, thats in my avatar...but I need to change my speaker.
Do you ever record your amps? Im still trying to work that out *shrug*
Thanks for noticing Sprocket, yup the Texas Red special edition Blues Jr.  It has a Celestion Vintage 30.  I bought it when they came out (6 months ago ?), they had one in my local store (limited edition and all), and I just had to have it.  It will be a classic amp one day.  I havent played it all that much to tell the truth. It probably doesn't have 30 hours on it yet so it isn't even broke in.  In my new space I will be able to play it more.  It sounds great with my strat for sure.  I havent yet recorded my amps, I find it so easy to get great tones (with no noise) from the BR machines or Pocket Pod I havent yet tried to record them.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Vanncad

Same as most of you guys. A BR600, a couple guitars and a mic.

The Crate is from my "Hair Band" days  :D
Haven't tried to record anything with the amp mic'd up yet, the BR600 is just too easy to get a decent sound from.

Okay to Cover

Bluesberry

That is a couple of beautiful guitars there Vanncad.  You make some great music with your simple set-up.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SteveB

Some nice gear there VCD.

Here's mine until I get rid of the builder this week. (Hopefully)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Vanncad

Thanks guys.

Don't let the guitars fool ya though. They are nice guitars but are a little more wallet-friendly then their American counterparts.

The Strat is a '68 re-issue Japanese Stratocaster
The LP is an Epiphone "Elite" (Japanese made), with Gibson pickups. It weighs a ton!

These Japanese guitars are a really excellent value and are really well made. I would recommend them to anyone.

Okay to Cover