What does your home studio look like?

Started by SdC, May 13, 2009, 04:15:20 AM

Flash Harry

All the audio kit, except the MBR came off Ebay. The mixer is a Soundcraft SXi, 18 channel stereo desk, 2 aux channels - I'd like 8, £51, there's an Alesis ADAT XT, £36 off Ebay, Alesis Midiverb 4, £25 off Ebay.

The PC is an oldish box, but it does what I need, I do need a good sound card, the Soundblaster Live 24 is just too noisy.

My drums I bought new from a closing down sale. I can't play them very well and they are no where near as quiet as you think. I get to spen 5 minutes on them occasionally. I need to spend hours on them daily.

Basses, Schecter Hellraiser 5, why they call it a hellraiser I don't know, it's a sublime mellow, lovely instrument, Aria Pro II IGP integra - pro bass, nice, lively thing, epiphone bass.

Guitars, tanglewood 12 and bowl back, Washburn and Takemine 6 string acoustic, spanish guitar, epiphone 335 DOT, Godin Solidac.

Other bits and bobs too.

It's all in a box room where I spend most evenings.

I hope to convert my garage when I've sold the contents on Ebay - my 1" Vt machine went yesterday  ;D
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Pine

Great thread...just found it! Guess i better snap a couple of my "micro studio" in my cabin loft. Not real easily accessible...but sometimes i like it that way!  :D
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Frank53

The BR-900CD is the centerpiece. A PC, mainly for file conversion, some tweaks using Audacity and Har-bal, and internet access.

I have an old Yamaha P-80 digital piano and a Motif ES6. A couple cheap electric guitars (an Ibanez and a Jay Turser) that I've dropped better p'ups into, a Samick acoustic and an Ibanez A/E. I also have a set of Roland V-drums; originally a TD-3, upgraded to a TD-12 module. Three or four mics - MXL, Rode, and Sterling condensers, and of course an SM-58.

It's enough to keep me out of trouble... so far.

Frank
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

ianjm

My studio is cleverly disguised as a kitchen. This stops any would be burglers nickin me stuff..........
 ;D ;D ;D

Bluesberry

Here is my home "studio".  It is a bookshelf in a corner of my dining room.  It has worked very well for me so far, I am also lucky my wife doesn't mind my stuff in the dining room.  I usually put stuff away a little better, guitars in cases in the other corner.  I pulled out all the gang for the picture.  I am in the process of cleaning up a spare bedroom that I may take over as my proper space, that is the plan/dream.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Kody

Wow, you have some nice guitars, BB!! I'm drooling ;)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Prive

This is the way my studio looks like today, you can see just one guitar but there´s more, i'll post it soon.

Another angle

I've found this rare device, a mix between a portastudio but with digital storage and effects jajajajajaja.
Music, music and three times music!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

Bro

If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

SdC

Quote from: 0jimihendrix0 on June 15, 2009, 12:54:22 PMIs that a david gilmore strat?!
the gilmour strat has a maple neck if i'm not mistaken.

recorder
Boss BR-600

Bro

Quote from: SdC on June 15, 2009, 12:57:33 PM
Quote from: 0jimihendrix0 on June 15, 2009, 12:54:22 PMIs that a david gilmore strat?!
the gilmour strat has a maple neck if i'm not mistaken.
Oh your right, it has. My bad :)
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.