What does your home studio look like?

Started by SdC, May 13, 2009, 04:15:20 AM

Flash Harry

Quote from: Greeny on May 14, 2009, 02:46:35 AMOneday I'll have a proper music space like you guys... ! You lucky, lucky fellas

Your music space is inside your head Tim, we all covet that.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

SdC

Quote from: Flash Harry on May 14, 2009, 03:25:52 AM
Quote from: Greeny on May 14, 2009, 02:46:35 AMOneday I'll have a proper music space like you guys... ! You lucky, lucky fellas

Your music space is inside your head Tim, we all covet that.
Very well put

recorder
Boss BR-600

hooper

Definitely not the MIDI expert here, hewhoiscalledj.  My MIDI setup is what I was able to cobble together over 8 years ago with WIN2000 and a software synth (Sonic Synth running in SampleTank).  Once this computer finally croaks I'll probably have to start all over.  :(

Take heart, Tim. Your M-BR will do most of what all the little black boxes in my home studio will do.  And I would gladly trade it all to be able to do what you can do.   ;)

recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

jkevinwolfe

It's functional and moves anywhere, including out of the way.

Greeny

Quote from: jkevinwolfe on May 14, 2009, 09:24:23 AMIt's functional and moves anywhere, including out of the way.

That's great. Just what I need!!!!

jkevinwolfe

I found the mini-music stand at Sam Ash and attached it to the base of a mic holder. The stand also came with the little arm that I hang headphones and chords from. I usually move the stand it to my desk to record uke and bass, then to the bedroom in front of the closet for vocals, since the sound is deader.

When the stand's down it's a good height for arranging and mixing. I try to use the Micro's  effects mostly, so I don't require a lot of extra cords and paraphernalia.

Kevin

Davo

Mine looks just like my bed, with a guitar, MicroBR, and headphones on top of it.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Bosko Schwartz

Wow, what an awesome thread!  Thanks to Kody for directing me here.  Nice to see everyone else's studios and gear!  I have no pics at the moment, but here's what's in my little recording room:

• A red sparkle Jackson Drums custom drum kit next to the window in one corner (hand-crafted drums made by my dad, who owns his own drum company); the kick drum is a ridiculous 28".
  • A midnight blue Rickenbacker 620, aqua-blue sparkle Danelectro DC-3, and a black Schecter Model-T Diamond Series bass in another corner.
  • An antique burst Art & Lutherie acoustic guitar next to the door.
  • A Roland Juno-D synthesizer against the wall, next to the acoustic.
  • A Behringer B-1 condenser mic on a stand in front of the drum kit (used for vox as well as a room mic for recording drums).
  • On a small, sad little cramped desk facing the painted wall, between the drums and the synth, there sits the massive, hulking, ultra-non-portable, super-badass alien-robot music recording machine from the planet BOSS (a.k.a. the BR-1600 CD), an ART Tube MP pre-amp, and a pair of M-Audio Studiophile BX8a monitors.
  • In the remaining corner, you can find my sanity curled up into the fetal position, weeping.
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Flash Harry

Hmmm, felt I was being left out here......

A few guitars, basses, Edrums, didge, kit.....
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ted

I really appreciate this thread.  If my wife ever tries to say that five guitars is too many, all I need to do is pull up this topic.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac