What does your home studio look like?

Started by SdC, May 13, 2009, 04:15:20 AM

bruno

Recording outside Publix - oh man, that makes me hanker for Florida :-)

recorder
Boss BR-1600

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Farrell Jackson

Looks like you are ready to hit the record button Bruno. Right off I recognized the AKG C1000s case and then saw it in the mic stand. I have one but never really figured out what it works best on. I've used it on backing vocals and amp cabinets but that's about it. What do you use yours for mostly? It's a good clean mic that I should use more often. What is the side address mic? Nice set up!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

AndyR

So it's only me that's got a kazoo, then? #ethnic

(Wish I could play it, though)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

chapperz66

Quote from: AndyR on September 20, 2014, 01:17:54 AMSo it's only me that's got a kazoo, then? #ethnic

I've picked up a lot of good ideas from you Andy, so I think I'll pop into PMT Northampton and buy one.

bruno

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on September 19, 2014, 04:54:34 PMLooks like you are ready to hit the record button Bruno. Right off I recognized the AKG C1000s case and then saw it in the mic stand. I have one but never really figured out what it works best on. I've used it on backing vocals and amp cabinets but that's about it. What do you use yours for mostly? It's a good clean mic that I should use more often. What is the side address mic? Nice set up!

Farrell
That's the setup that I haven't quite got to put away from the recording of Driftwood :-) Was using the AKG as a second mike on the recording of my Brook Acoustic. The side address mike is my SE2200T (Tube mike) - which is what I use for vocals. The silver box on the shelf under the BR1600 is the power supply for the mike :-) I was experimenting :-) NB the AKG is on a desk clamp mike stand, which is really useful for limited space. Haven't really used the AKG as much as I thought I would, its been gathering dust in the wardrobe on the left for months, but it is a good clean mike. I bought it to record the acoustic, but often just use the SE on its own. 

One of the problems when recording is a) seeing and setting levels and b) stop and starting the recording button, when holding an acoustic guitar, and wearing cans - or is this just me :-)

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

chapperz66

Quote from: bruno on September 20, 2014, 01:55:32 AMOne of the problems when recording is a) seeing and setting levels and b) stop and starting the recording button, when holding an acoustic guitar, and wearing cans - or is this just me :-)

B

No it's not just you.  I reckon I've put as many dings in guitars reaching across to buttons, phones, telephones etc as I did playing gigs!  Everything is always slightly out of reach no matter how much space there is.

What we really need is an engineer.  I wonder if Ron Nevison is free?  Or George Martin would do....

Geir

Quote from: AndyR on September 20, 2014, 01:17:54 AMSo it's only me that's got a kazoo, then? #ethnic

(Wish I could play it, though)
i have one, even used it once:
https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=14886.0

I think I busted it on that one tho .... Can't make it work .... Come to think of it ... I struggled quite a bit to make it work in the first place ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

thetworegs

Here's a view into the cellar.....I still have a little room left....one day i will  possibly learn to play and use everything instead of just collecting it....... ;D

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Geir

Nice regs !! Not at all like the dungeon I imagined ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........