Lost my pal

Started by Groundy, February 14, 2018, 12:03:58 PM

Groundy

Been a bad few days, my pal Paul died of a massive heart attack aged 59, we have been mates for many years, he asked me to teach him guitar but he didn't want to learn chords he just wanted to play the lead of The Shadows numbers, so I would go to his house one week and he would come to mine the following week, it was funny because I would show him the notes then write the tabs for him through the night I would drink s bottle of gin and he would drink a bottle of vodka, all would go well until the following week the first hour would be putting the tabs right from the last hour of the previous week due to the drink,it took us a few weeks to realise what was causing the mistakes...
On top of that the last 3 mornings I have been up at 3-30 with Fran in agony with her stomach we have just found out today it's het Gaul bladder she said the pain is worse than giving birth. She has got a few tablets today so hopefully tonight I might get some sleep...
Alex.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

TPB

Sorry for your loss and I hope Fran gets sorted out soon
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

pjd1

So Sorry to here about your mate Paul Alex friends like that are hard to replace , i hope you can recover and try and lead a normal life without him, you have some fond memories of him which i am sure will bring a smile to your face .

Sorry to hear about Fran as well that must have been a horrible time for the both of you , one of my mates had the same concern some months ago , he said it was the worst pain he had ever had !

Take care Alex i am sure Fran will have the best care in the world over the next couple of weeks

Paul
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

So sorry to hear of your loss of a good friend and the problems that Fran is going through. Hopefully they will be able to control the pain she's going through.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Mike_S

That's a tough time you are going through Alex. Hope Fran gets a better night sleep too with the tablets.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

sorry to hear of your loss Alex, thinking of you bud, and hope Fran gets her gall bladder sorted, take care.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Farrell Jackson

Alex, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your pal Paul. I know life long friends are hard to come by and it's even more difficult to lose them. I also hope Fran recovers quickly. Life does suck at times but  hopefully it will get better for you.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

cuthbert

Sorry for the loss of your friend Paul, Alex. 59 is way too young.

My mum had gallbladder problems a while ago, and ended up having it removed - hopefully the docs will have your missus feeling better soon.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

T.C. Elliott

I feel for you. Just went through this in December and, while it's part of life, I don't wish it on anyone.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Groundy

Thanks, gang, I appreciate your kind comments,
Fran has had a good nights sleep the first one for a few nights, the tablets seem to be working, she is waiting to go in for a scan, Thanks, again..

Alex.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs