"Dunno with Fire" Rata-tat-tat and Mike Huntingford

Started by Mike Huntingford, February 10, 2018, 11:36:19 AM

Mike Huntingford

Dunno with Fire
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hope you like my audio enhancements and add-ons.  I am not a guitar player and difficult with keyboard.  But, hope you like the direction.  Perhaps mixing again with real guitar leads would be desired (I know I desire that - LOL).

Thanks again Rata-tat-tat, hope you like my tinkering around.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Rata-tat-tat

Yes Mike... this is way cool... just curious... it seems my track got burried in Trevs mix and I'm working on a track with Kenny Mac right now. It seems my track came out a little low in gain. What did you do to balance this out in your recording... this sits very well in the mix. I'm no expert on compression... but I've been playing around with it to try and get more punch and power on the drum sound. I'm open to any pointers you may have... well done buddy... I dig it.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Farrell Jackson

Well done Mike and Rata ! I thought Mike's audio enhancements and adds worked real good !

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Mike Huntingford

Hi guys,

Well, I first took your original track and enhanced it with EQ and gain using AVS4You Audio Editor.  Then I saved a left-only and right-only tracks.  I imported them into my DAW, SONAR Platinum as two separate tracks.  Using the DAWs effects in its Pro-channel, I used another 4 band EQ to tweak specific frequencies and used mild compression to once again add gain without peaking.  I then took the stereo image from Audio Editor and imported it into the track and dropped out almost all the bottom-end and placed it panned center. So in my version, in the DAW, your track has one left panned mono channel, one right panned mono channel, and one severely EQ tweaked stereo channel panned middle.  In this way I was able, I think, to make your original track have more presence and harder hitting.

If you want, I could drop out all my adds and provide to you so Trevor can place his vocals in your song.  Or, Trevor can send me his vocals only and I will put them into your enhanced track.  Let me know.  mhuntingford@comcast.net
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

launched

You sold yourself short Mike - This is full on groovy man!! Well mixed and you fit it all together perfectly.

Sweeeeet!!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover