Costa Teguise

Started by pjd1, February 10, 2018, 05:21:14 AM

pjd1

Costa Teguise
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Morning Songcrafters hope you are having a great weekend , bit of a watershed day for me , i have not posted any new material here or anywhere else for a good number of years due to work commitments and the usual time constraints , i am retired now with loads of time on my hands , so music and recording has been one of my passions , my Dad Jimmy played bass for me on this track , the drums are from Hydrogen , i used a Lespaul via a Tascam DP 24 SD using all on board effects , with a little strings in the background

Thanks for your time and ears

Paul
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

thetworegs

Wow!! Love it such clean playing , great bit of bass too....i think we are all going to enjoy your retirement if this is anything to go by.. Bravo Paul

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Oldrottenhead

was drawn in by the title, have had a couple of really nice holidays there. great recording and playing, hoping to hear lots more now you have time on your hands  8).
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Farrell Jackson

Cool Paul ! If this is the music that comes from your retirement we songcrafters are in for a treat of what's to come. Some nice guitar playing, smooth as glass and so tasty. Your Dad's bass playing is right on the money and sits perfect on the mix. I like the jazz flare this has. Well done and let's hear some more!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

alfstone

Nice composition. Well played and recorded.

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Groundy

So good to have you back playing Paul,
As always with your music, this is top class,
Really well done.
Not forgetting your Dad.

Alex.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Ted

What I'm wondering is... How old is your dad? You're retired, and your dad played bass on this. I imagine it would be great to be able to retire with your dad still in your life – and making music with you.

A very tasteful tune, and well produced.

Blackout Bump - week of 4 February, 2018
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

Dunny never did post that much material but what he posts is always perfect.  I could say that Paul is indeed one of my favorite SC guitarists and actually could be a favorite otherwise as well...
His feel for the instrument is hard to match and only the absolute masters have this...so for me he is right up there with Carlos et al... and I am not embarrassed to say that nor do I say it without actually believing it to be true...

I pretty much downloaded all his work off the site... and hear it in my playlist... however I don't remember this one... also I can pick his guitar work out of almost any lineup in just a few short notes...
my wife plays piano and is a master.  She has a feel that is all her.  I can do the same with her work...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

pjd1

Thank you both for your kind comments and encouragement, and the reminder of how much this community can support and bring great music and friendship , it is wonderful to think that somebody has listened to my recordings , and has a point of view about my efforts and life long passion for guitar playing , my Dad is 86 i am 65 this year , he still plays bass and the uke on a daily basis , a lesson for anybody who thinks they may be to old for music , 

Thank you all this place is a gem with some wonderful talented people onboard

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Frank53

Sweet, tasty piece of music, Paul. Excellent playing.
Retirement is starting very well for you. Looking forward to more.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.