Where's Witchita?

Started by Glenn Mitchell, May 12, 2009, 08:03:09 PM

Greeny

In the year since I joined this forum, I have only EVER seen one personal (and extremely offensive) attack made on another forum member. It was so serious, that I almost quit this forum in disgust. Unfortunately, the offending posts have now been permanently removed. But if the evidence of them was shown here now, I have a feeling that certain opinions would be decidely different.

If Wichita isn't here, it's because he doesn't want to be - despite being universally respected on this forum as an amazing guitarist (and someone I collaborated with myself on 6 or 7 songs). It's his choice. Just as we all have a choice to make wonderful music together or go elsewhere.

There should only be one side to take here - the one that allows us all to participate in this WONDERFUL music community with nothing but respect, kindness and support for each other. 

Bro

Quote from: Greeny on May 19, 2009, 06:06:27 AMI thought long and hard about posting on this thread. But I can't sit back and watch history being re-written (or forgotten).

In the year since I joined this forum, I have only EVER seen one personal (and extremely offensive) attack made on another forum member. It was so serious, that I almost quit this forum in disgust. Unfortunately, the offending posts have now been permanently removed. But if the evidence of them was shown here now, I have a feeling that certain opinions would be decidely different.

If Wichita isn't here, it's because he doesn't want to be - despite being universally respected on this forum as an amazing guitarist (and someone I collaborated with myself on 6 or 7 songs). It's his choice. Just as we all have a choice to make wonderful music together or go elsewhere.

There should only be one side to take here - the one that allows us all to participate in this WONDERFUL music community with nothing but respect, kindness and support for each other.

You said it greeny! I've stepped back and watched this thread since it was made. And Greeny pretty much said what i wanted to say, but this thread might turn out a bit ugly. I say close or remove it or whatever, let's go back to being recording artists and talk about music.
BTW Have anybody sent a email to him? If not i will
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Bluesberry

I agree, lets all put this behind us, this forum is for making music, exploring topics that are meaning full to us, expressing ourselves through song and music.  Everybody is entitled to their opinion as long as it is done without hurting anybody else.  The range of people on here is staggering, all from different backgrounds, all with different stories to tell.  I for one want to listen to all the different stories.  

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand