Where's Witchita?

Started by Glenn Mitchell, May 12, 2009, 08:03:09 PM

Kody

Heard you guys were lookin' fer Witchita.......

It's in Kansas!!

No offense Tony,  I love ya buddy!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Satchwood

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

The Reverend 48

It is indeed a sad day if TJ (Witchita) has left us :(......Lets hope we hear from him and swampy again......... 8)

Satchwood

dang it Tony we miss u dude!  people first.....forever trust in who u r....and nothin else matters!!!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Wiley

:'( :'(  I have been giving a lot of thought to Witchita.  I know when I first came here there was some hate and discontent.  I never caught all of it though..  But I feel very sad indeed to know that he has deleted his account.   :'( :'(  When I posted something and it needed guitar (even if it was country, Hunting Jake etc.)  He would always put something in the song.   I know country isn't most of you guys's thing.  But Witchita would always help out.  A song might sit there for a week and there would be no takers.  But he would always come through.  He, in my opinon , is the greatest musician friend one could have.  I don't know him personally and  never will.  I am to poor to cross the ocean.  But him & his wife have to be wonderful people.  I have done collabs with Ronniejm and he is a wonderful man.  And Geir, and 48 to name a few.  I think many of you are great and I am broadening my horizens.  But Witchita should be here with us. I hope I didn't do anything to make him mad.   But I do know that whoever or whatever happened it will come back to bite them in the a**!!!  Things usually come back around.!!  Now that I have vented and scolded I will close.  Witchita where ever you are I wish you well and I hope you come back as a guest to see all your friends once in a while.  Many of us will miss you!!
Hopefully your friend Wiley aka P.J.   :'( :'( :'(

Bluesberry

From what I understand Wiley, just reading the posts, a song was posted that had a bit of a political message and Witchita didn't agree with the nature of the political sentiment and he simply removed himself.  There may have been more, I don't know. I don't think anyone personally did anything to make him leave other than that, he strongly disagreed with this particular song, vented with some strong and rather offensive statements and left.  That is the way it goes when your personal opinions are that strong, there is no room for discussion.  It is a shame it happened, I miss the old guy also Wiley, he is one hell of a guitar player.  I don't think he wanted to discuss anything further and was mad as hell and left.  That was the way it looked to me Wiley, I am sure you did nothing to make him mad.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

OsCKilO

Seeing that there is now a thread dedicated to this, we feel obligated to respond....

We feel partially to blame the absence of T.J ......

This all started after a response to a subject matter was posted....

We expressed a view.....

We believe that we were careful in what was written so as to be balanced and innocuous ....

Please look the area under discussion up for yourselves to verify this....
T.J's last post.....

We did not respond directly to T.J's comments, but our views were particularly relevant to the subject ....

T.J offered a retort....

In fact........

We believe that T.J did not read the facts presented in the post, and responded in an extremely inappropriate fashion.... Reacting in a manner where he was venting on the next available target due to his frustration with the subject matter.

We reserve the right to express opinion, without being labelled with tags related extremism, or atrocities...  Simply because of the Hue of a band members skin... or the origins of some of our music!

We were appalled by the remarks T'J exploded with........

The nature of the thread, made the comments even more out of place!

We P.M'd T.J to try and call for peace........

Quote:-" There was no need for that kind of talk...  Call it Quits....?"

He had already deleted his account by this time it seems....... As we received no reply....

We (The forum) are all musicians!

Music is a means of expressions!

For views....

For feelings....

For the metaphorical representation of truth....Where cold hard fact cannot compare to subtlety, in terms of an effective delivery method for sowing the seeds of change....

Freedom of speech, without forsaking the rights of others......!

As music truly resembles the human soul and it's related attributes, we are prepared to forgive the tribulations caused by T.J's outburst......... Music and human nature dictate it!...... Let alone the supportive nature of this forum!

So long as he would not offend anyone on this forum again, in such an outlandish manner, we would welcome him back!!!!!

He is an extremely talented musician...... generous with his expertise, and always willing to lend a hand..... Quick witted as well!

This is what the forum was about.... He helped shape Osckilo's recordings to an extent, with his constructive comments, praise and critique!

With this said, we believe that he needs to understand that people have different views.

He also needs to understand that the nature of this forum is a truly supportive and protective one.......

Forgiveness is a phenomenon which is inherently finite....

T'J.... If you are out there...... Come back!  But remember the lessons of the hour....

We would love a collaboration to smooth over the troubles........!

OSCKILO are Sorry if we have Messed things up for anyone....

If a truce is not what T'J wants we are willing to step down from the forum, if that is what it takes to restore equilibrium to this fine place!
T'J has been here longer!!!!!!

Witchita's Email addressis as follows:-  tonyjoneszone33(at)ntlworld.com

Can someone email him to alert him of this discussion.......

Hopefully this thread will have reached a natural end..........and we reach whatever resolution is available....

Peace

OSCKILO
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Oldrottenhead

QuoteBut I do know that whoever or whatever happened it will come back to bite them in the a**!!!  Things usually come back around.!!  Now that I have vented and scolded I will close.
i think that whatever happened came back and bit witchita's ass.what goes around does come round , it's not the first time he has vented his spleen as i am sure some of the longer serving members will recall. i actually thought he had been banned as i believe he had been warned in the past for some nasty comments.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

The Reverend 48

Can Pedro or 64 guitars Lock this thread...It has run its sad course and members are in danger of taking sides and this could lead to more upset.....

Can we get back to what we do best Playing and recording music ;)

From an old hippy ;D
Mike

Oldrottenhead

QuoteCan Pedro or 64 guitars Lock this thread...It has run its sad course and members are in danger of taking sides and this could lead to more upset.....

Can we get back to what we do best Playing and recording music Wink

From an old hippy Grin
Mike
i second that, we have been here before and it's not nice.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann