White Buffalo

Started by Pine, May 12, 2009, 05:41:37 PM

Pine

Nigel stole them all from Google  :D   He felt a bit guilty about it and was nervous that i posted it...but hey...it's not like i'm selling stuff...

The White Buffalo was a scared symbol for Native Americans of the Plains tribes. It symbolized the oneness of all things and stood for peace and harmony. When i was a little kid, i watched alot of old B&W westerns  (late 1950's) The indians and the cowboys would be in a horrible battle...indian war cries, six guns blazing, horses screaming and rearing...and then on top of that there would be like a buffalo stampede. Suddenly, from out of nowhere, The Great White Buffalo would appear on a knoll over the chaotic scene. The guns and the war cries would all fall silent...the buffalo would slow to a walk and begin grazing...as the GWB stood in solemn silence on the hill above. Gave me goosebumps way back then and still does now writing about it.
Even spookier was that the song all but wrote itself and i played it on instruments that were almost brand new to me. Strange...
recorder
Boss BR-1200

OsCKilO

Cool PD!

There is a lot that goes on in this world that Goes beyond our understanding.

You tapped into something special here!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

guitarron

ted Nugent was a fan of the Great White Buffalo too

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Pine

oh yeah? perhaps he has a White Buffalo head mounted on his wall... :'(
recorder
Boss BR-1200

SteveG

Mellow and relaxing, just what I needed after 7 hrs of DIY. Thanks.

Blooby

I kept on clicking on "Show unread posts since your last visit," and I assumed this thread was a discussion (never read which forum).  I am so very glad I clicked on it.  This is just fantastic.  The slide really adds a lot.  Nice percussion elements.  Something a little different for our ears.

I find the metronome/wood block a bit distracting, though, perhaps due to its volume.

Excellent post.

Blooby

Pine

Good comments Bloob...thanks for listening. I especially appreciate honest opinions. This song overall has been far and away the most popular song i ever did. It even got played on the BBC. Several folks have said that the song was good but the drums were a poor choice and mixed to high. Most suggested a redo with acoustic hand drums. The slide parts were once again on the Rogue Resonator.
   There will be no more blues posts from me for the forseeable future. No posts at all actually. I am out of stuff and have not recorded since April. When i do start again, it will probably be in this vein. I have a couple other songs like this that i want to add to and write a half dozen more for my next album. I bought a nice new flute and got some new rattles. Thanks for your sincere comments. Most appreciated.
recorder
Boss BR-1200

guitarron

Quote from: Pinedog on August 02, 2009, 01:26:48 PMoh yeah? perhaps he has a White Buffalo head mounted on his wall... :'(

sorry bout that pd-no offense man

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Pine

ahh that's ok Ron... i know Ted thinks he's MR Sportsman and Mr "at one with nature"...but from what i have seen and read, i think he's a red neck jerk. I have nothing against people hunting even tho i gave it up 40 years ago...as long as you need the food and eat what you kill..so be it. Humans are omniverous, teeth prove it. Ted, on the other hand, is a trophy hunter.."man vs. animal" machofest. If he's so fuckin' tuff, why doesn't he take on a grizzly with a knife one to one instead of a high powered rifle from a hundred yards or with his bow and his gunner back up? Kind of a touchy subject for me. I wasn't aware of his comments on the white buffalo, but i'm sure he probably aligned himself with sacred symbols and unity with nature. Seems to me the guy is way short on a most important, perhaps THE most important of all human qualities....compassion.
  No offense taken man..
recorder
Boss BR-1200