White Buffalo

Started by Pine, May 12, 2009, 05:41:37 PM

Pine

ORH... I think you may be clairvoyant! I was a huge Kung Fu fan in the early 70's...before the show turned into "let's beat up all the bad guys" and got cancelled. The temple scenes truly changed my life. I have a been a Taoist student to this day.
The native american flute is a bit different than the bamboo he played...or was supposed to be playing...and now that i think of it, i'm not sure the music WAS a bamboo flute...it sounds way more NA. Anyway...as i always say, "it all goes in"...everything we have heard since we took our first breath (maybe sooner?) Although any similarities between White Buffalo and the Kung Fu show intro were unintentional, i'm sure there was a deep connection. Hats off to your intuition!!!
recorder
Boss BR-1200

launched

Quote from: Pinedog on May 16, 2009, 01:57:21 PM...i haven't quite got the hang of this site yet...

Yeah, there's a lot going on here - especially with the MBR portions. Have a hard time catching everything. I see you are here keeping BB company - Maybe you guys will get a full page in by the end of the decade?  :D

This is a great song - lots happening but not too overpowering. Love the banjo and the dobro - wish I had either one.

Peace Out,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Pine

Hi Mark...thanks for commenting. I love tha banjo and dobro...can't play either one very well but i can paint with them. Textures and colors are important to me since i'm not and never will be a virtuoso.
   Is BB the only other BR1200 guy?
    How long has this site been open to all BR's?
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Bluesberry

Quote from: Pinedog on May 16, 2009, 02:49:23 PMIs BB the only other BR1200 guy?
    How long has this site been open to all BR's?
Yep, so far it is just you and me Pinedog.  I just got mine about a month ago and just started using it to record songs.  The post on here from me is the first thing I have done so far on the BR-1200.  This site used to be mainly for the MicroBR and I have one of then and posted quite a few things in the MBR spot, but recently it has changed to be open to all BR machines.  I am finishing a song this weekend that I am going to post in here when done.  Lets have some more of your music on here Pinedog, I enjoyed the first one quite a bit.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

I've only been here a little bit, but aside from some stray postings, there have been nothing but gooseggs next to most non-MBR categories. I got turned off by hard disk recorders due to my short and painful fiasco with the Fostex VF-80 (Free parts for your friend, BTW :D), but when this handheld diskless puppy came out I was enamoured by it. It grows on me daily.

BB - still listening to your Jethro cover -that's pretty good, man:

https://songcrafters.org/community/micro-br-b65/we-used-to-know-(jethro-tull-cover)/0/

And the conspiracy behind the song is entertaining, too...

Later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Pedro

This is beautiful music. Everything sounds great but I especially love how the banjo sounds.

The flute is also great and could be a little louder. I own a Quena that I made myself, they are incredible simple to make and sound great.

Quote from: Pinedog on May 16, 2009, 02:49:23 PMHow long has this site been open to all BR's?

Since last April. The change is very recent, considering the forum is open since December 2007. For now, you and BB are the only ones that give life to this section but in the future I'm sure there will be many more.

You have very good music on your soundclick page, I will be awaiting to hear some more from you. Welcome to the community, by the way. :)

Pine

Thanks...i agree on the flute...just never dared "reopen the box" on that song if ya know what i mean. Most songs take me days...some even weeks to write. I think i did White Buffalo in like one day or maybe two. It almost wrote itself.
 Like to know more about your Quena. I have a cedar in A from Virgil Tellar in Az. and a new High Spirits in G. I have often considered trying to make some since i love woodworking. Can you tell me more?

This site is booming it appears since you opened it up. Did you design it? Are you Pedro? Not Pedro of Seedpicker fame are you? I was a mod on the Bluegrass Barn on the old Mixposure site when Kyle ran it. Were you there?

Pine
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Pedro

Quote from: Pinedog on May 16, 2009, 03:31:48 PMLike to know more about your Quena. I have a cedar in A from Virgil Tellar in Az. and a new High Spirits in G. I have often considered trying to make some since i love woodworking. Can you tell me more?

This site is booming it appears since you opened it up. Did you design it? Are you Pedro? Not Pedro of Seedpicker fame are you? I was a mod on the Bluegrass Barn on the old Mixposure site when Kyle ran it. Were you there?

Pine

A Quena is an instrument from the Andes mountains in South America. It can be made from any type of wood or other materials, like PVC. I did mine from a bamboo type. In fact, I did at least 3 before getting the hang of it and making a usable one. Since you like woodworking, you will do great!

I used the instructions on this site. It has everything about the Quena, including instructions on how to play.

I'm Pedro but not the one from Seedpicker fame. This was the first website I ever did, the only thing I designed are the logos and the forum box. Everything about the forum itself is from Simple Machines, a great forum script. I'm checking out Mixposure right now, it is huge! Don't know why I've never heard of it.

Pine

Thanks so much for the link Pedro. I will definitely check that out!

As for Mixposure, a sad story. It was the BEST OMD ever IMHO..designed and run by a guy named Kyle M. Had like 40k members when it got hacked. Crashed and burned. Terrible loss. Kyle struggled with $$$ and to stay afloat but it sank. he said he planned to resurect it but never did. he let the domain name go and another former member picked it up and ran with it. All new now with a different feel and format. I didn't rejoin.
Not enough time. I am at SC and at IAC. Mostly SC...and now here it appears!
Thanks again for the link and the great job you have done here!!
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Pedro

Wow, that got me a little bit worried now.

Thanks for the kind words!  :)