White Buffalo

Started by Pine, May 12, 2009, 05:41:37 PM

Pine

White Buffalo HarBal MP3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi all...Staying away from mics...going direct...is guaranteed to be a clean recording...but being an "acoustic lover" at heart, i wanted to work on live mics. I used an MXL 990 here for the banjo, guitar, dobro, rattles, and flute. Went direct with the keyboard percussion and strings. This song is called "White Buffalo"...Native American symbol for peace and harmony for all living things.
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Wiley

Wow!!  I am glad you told me about this!!  I absolutely loved this!!  Different from all the rock stuff that goes on hear a lot(not that that's bad)  just like something different. AND I LOVED this.  Were you using a pan flute?   I bought one but haven't used it too much yet. I use my keyboard percussion a lot also, mainly as I don't have the best grasp on the BR drums yet. And they are time consuming.  I am amazed  GReat Song!!! :)

Kody

Sounds awesome, Pinedog!!  I also have the MXL 990~ Great mic for the price~ mine even came with a shockmount, case, and extra bands for the shockmount....For $59 I should have bought two....I'd definitely purchase another MXL in the future!! 

Yep, this sounds amazing~ Good work!! I love the dobro and banjo.....and everything else....beautiful production!  I also like the White Buffalo concept~
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Pine

Thanks guys! Wiley...no, it's not a pan flute...it's a Native American flute..a red cedar in A. Guitar was in DADGAD.  Thanks again for listening and your kind words.

Kody...Appreciate your comments as well. I got the same MXL deal...and also shoulda bought two! I'll admit it's the only condenser i own but i have listened to many and i'm real happy with it...especially for that outrageous price! For vox though, i still stick my Shure SM58...it just "works" with my voice. Thanks for checkin' out the song!
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Bluesberry

Nowe that is really great.  Beautifully recorded with all the layers of acoustic instrumentation.  Wonderful.  Beautifully played.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Now this is what I call music!!!!!! Brilliant !!! Exciting and calming at the same time. I've listen to 5-6 of your soundclick song now and .... WOW ....

I really appreciate someone not tied down by musical boundaries and you sure aren't !!!!

cheers
Geir
(We've got some pine in my neighborhood too you know! Norwegian Wood 8) )
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Flash Harry

Nice sounds Pinedog. You've created a lovely stage. Very relaxing and organic, I will have to put this on my PiePod.

Thanks
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Satchwood

Love the different sounds in here - very crystal clear - and soothing!

There's a guy up in Sedona Arizona that does stuff like this - you don't happen to live there do you?
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Pine

BB, Harry, Satch & Geir...Thank you x4!! I really appreciate your comments...it's nice when evryday folks give you a compliment but coming from fellow musicians and home recordists makes them even more appreciated. Sorry for the slow response...i haven't quite got the hang of this site yet...but as i said before, whoever set this up (Pedro?)...did a fantastic job. Wonderful options. I also apologize for not getting around to your sites and listening to your music. Some of you don't seem to have one. Soundclick is free and there are over 3 million there...lots of bells and whistles there too. MySpace of course is also free and has 300 million...but their music set up is minimal. Being able to post here though i guess many folks just figure why go anywhere else. I can see that. very warm, open minded, and receptive community here. Are most folks here affiliated with the Yahoo site as well?
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Oldrottenhead

this is wonderful pinedog, why can i picture david carridine walking throught the desert must be the flute
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann