Want to See?

Started by ODH, January 30, 2018, 12:32:47 PM

Farrell Jackson

Well done Nick ! I dig the uke sound and your melody. When the whole band kicks in it gave me a "Chicago" band vibe minus all the horns. Very nice and it played all the way through for me.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ted

I think of you as my fellow traveler in punk – but to discover that you, like me, have a uke side and a penchant for orchestration is even more wonderful. The full-band treatment was a wonderful surprise. I'm listening for the third time right now. This is fantastic – like a lost demo for a Macca "granny song."

BTW: My song "Pick up the Wrapper" was also developed from some off-the-cuff uke playing in the living room (recorded on my phone), and later massaged into a full-band arrangement (Micro BR/GarageBand). Although, rather than your happy jaunt, my song is full of terror.

This song of yours was posted right in the center of my longest absence from Songcrafters. I'm happy I found it.

Blackout Bump - week of 28 January, 2018
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

Actually for me the orchestration reminds me of Hook... and for that matter the Uke also...ha ha...

isn't it fun how the songs just come to you?  That spontaneous creativity I totally understand as that is kind of how I work (though I am sure in a different way). 

I never heard uke's much until I got on this site.  They sound real nice. 

something I have learned listening to your songs... you can't predict what comes just around the corner.  the song can change in a flash...

and yes, as Ted said you have many musical sides...from Punk to Symphony!!!! cool

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

I came here at the nick of time to ask: How is the ankle?

Such a poppy piece of brilliance!

Lennon isn't dead. ODH ate him!
O(D)h that makes him dead...

If hurting an ankle makes you do such wonderful songs...  I can only imagine what you'd do if you'd properly break some things. Care to draw some blood? Runny nose wouldn't probably do it, but a shattered bone might... Just wondering. People do weird things for their art. Sorry for asking.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

ODH

Thanks for the bump. The ankles fine now.

I would say this is definitely more George Harrisson than Lenon though.

And for the real trauma you should check out the song that followed it The Edge of The Knife.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter