T.C. Elliott - Sitting In The Rain

Started by T.C. Elliott, January 26, 2018, 05:38:31 AM

T.C. Elliott

Shameless self-promotion: I've recorded some songs and would like to share them with you. You can listen or download the songs from bandcamp for free for the next month or so. Physical CDs will be available soon for those who would like to purchase one.

https://tcelliott.bandcamp.com/album/sitting-in-the-rain
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Farrell Jackson

A cool site T.C.  I didn't know you have written over 1100 songs! That in itself is quite an accomplishment. I've bookmarked it so I can listen when I have more time. Thanks for the notice.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

T.C. Elliott

Thanks for checking it out. I've been blessed with the response so far.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Groundy

A great site TC, 1100 songs that's some writing, you must be catching up with The Beatles. :D
Just listened to Fade Away, top class, I will listen to the others through the day,
Really well done. %)!

Alex.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Hilary

I'm three songs in and it's really good!

I'm curious how long it's taken you to do as it's 8 years between albums.

Congrats x
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

T.C. Elliott

Actually, it's the first album. I've been talking about recording one for nearly 8 years, though. (The other release on bandcamp was just a single.)  From song selection (which was quite the chore) to finished product took nearly four months. But I took at least 8 weeks off during that time and didn't work on the album. So total time actually working on it was 9 weeks or so. But I needed those breaks.

I ran into all sorts of problems. And I can hear all sorts of things I'd like to do differently. But I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out all things considered. It's like a success in the face of adversity. And I've had a little bit of interest from people downloading the darn thing, which I really appreciate.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

cuthbert

This is really well done, T.C. - very much enjoyed listening. High energy, and a real band cohesiveness in the performances and recording (all of this is you, is that correct?). Playing out the rest while I finish up some desk work. :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Mach

I've been listening to different songs at random. Really good stuff and well produced.
Congrats on 1100 songs that is quite an accomplishment.

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

guitarron

Good stuff TC-a couple songs in
Did you use Reaper for this album?
Curious-Im a Reaper noob-loving it

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

T.C. Elliott

QuoteAll of this is you, is that correct?

Yup. Drums are EZDrummer but I programmed, arranged and edited them. All the every thing else is all me.

QuoteDid you use Reaper for this album?

Yes. But I recorded everything (but the drums) on the BR-900 and then used the wonderful BR WAV converter to put them on the computer and mixed in Reaper.

Thanks to everyone who listened. I really do appreciate it.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper