Nasties on PC!!

Started by StevieM, May 12, 2009, 02:06:03 PM

64Guitars

Quote from: guitarron on May 14, 2009, 11:52:58 AMwill thw wine program allow me to run sonar?

Possibly. I haven't tried it myself, so I checked the Wine Application Database. This page suggests that SONAR 4 will work, however the tester didn't do a very thorough job and he was using an older version of Wine and ubuntu.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=2618

I think there's a good chance it will run just fine with the latest version of Wine and an up-to-date installation of ubuntu on a reasonably fast computer. Give it a try. You have nothing to lose.

If it doesn't work, your dual-boot installation will allow you to continue running SONAR under Windows. Or, you might find that you like Ardour or one of the other Linux DAWs just as well as SONAR.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

my pc got chewed up by System Fix a real nasty bugger. hope it can get fixed without a windows reinstall
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

peterp

Using RedHat Enterprise Edition 6, have been using RH for years now on the laptop , dumped MS auto-crash OS a long time ago.
With the recent versions of Linux everything just works, no messing about.

No need for a warning, this is NOT a bad thing to have happen :)

Quote from: 64Guitars on May 14, 2009, 09:58:23 AMWarning: Partitioning a hard drive is pretty serious stuff and could erase your Windows partition if you make a mistake. .

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Oldrottenhead

well my techie friend couldnt solve the system fix trojan, so have had to install windows onto afresh hard drive and have a clone of that made on another hard drive should i ever get the same problem,

once i get my pc back, i need to scan my original hard drive in the hope of recovering cherished files etc and not reinfecting my pc in the process again, hence the cloned hard drive.

so fingers crossed.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

thetworegs

hope it works Fingers crossed here too

If Life is a dream then use your imagination