Main Menu

Splice

Started by bostjan, January 22, 2018, 07:36:08 AM

bostjan

Anyone here on "splice?"  I just signed up over there a couple days ago and I've had just a little time to try it out. 

I'm not affiliated with the site, or anything like that - I was just wondering if any users here are already signed up there and might want to send me a message.  My user name there is "bostjan64."  I play guitar and bass.  I can crank stuff out with those two instruments at a reasonable speed.  I also have drums and a keyboard, but I'm very slow to work with those, and I have a plethora of other instruments that I can work with at a glacial pace.   :P  My main genre is metal, and I love anything avant-garde, but I also love playing blues, rock, bluegrass, or just about whatever.

So, if you are unfamiliar with the site, there's a paid service on the site, but I don't use that; I just tried it out for collaborations.  The "studio" portion of the site is kind of like an online multitrack, where you submit .wav files and other people can track along with them, then whoever started the project can mix all of the tracks to make a song.  It seems to go easier if you use a PC to record, but since you can just upload and download wav files, it should work with pretty much any recording console that can connect to a computer.  I've only done two collaboration projects there, but after about an hour of figuring it out, I started having quite a bit of fun.

TPB

have to check it out I have used Wiki Loops to do collabs before it was fun
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Ted

I just found out about Splice.

I'm really curious about it for collaboration. This topic is a couple of years old. Has anyone else started using Splice?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac