Broken Ankle

Started by ODH, January 22, 2018, 06:30:57 AM

ODH

Sunday before last I broke my ankle and have been in hospital pretty much ever since. Fractured and dislocated both the big bones in my left lower leg by stepping off the stairs one step too soon.  Saturday I had three hours under general anaesthetic while they pieced it back together.

Right now I'm waiting to be discharged and go home.

I did something I've been meaning to do for a while; re-read 1984 by George Orwell, which in hindsight may not have been the smartest thing as it's pretty bleak.

Anyway I hope to be back in the game before long

Nick
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

alfstone

Good luck, Nick.

Unless you play with your feet  ::)  8)  , we look forward to hearing you again soon!

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Farrell Jackson

A real bummer Nick...get well soon so you can do some more kickin' rock n roll toons.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

bostjan

What a coincidence!  My mom just broker her ankle, also from missing the last tread of the stairs.

I hope you get well soon!  Make sure to baby that ankle for at least a few weeks; there are a lot of tendons and ligaments in there that do take a long time to heal up.

Oldrottenhead

Take care Nick, but look on the brightside, whilst you are healing you can play, write and record some songs for us. Music after all is the best medicine.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hilary

Sorry to hear that Nick but looking forward to hearing your recordings whilst you are off work :D
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Groundy

Get well soon  Nick,
And get back to your music.
All the best.
Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Speed Demon

Good luck on a speedy recovery, Nick.

As long as you do not permanently damage your eating hand, you will survive okay.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

All the best Nick, I hope it mends well and quickly but take it easy. Enjoy the studio time.   Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Mike_S

Oh... that sounds really painful. I have misjudged the end of the stairs a few times. It's a weird thing, you think you are down but there is one more step. Has happened going up the stairs for me too, which was more scary, kinda fell over once or twice but more or less unscathed luckily.

Well hope you are well on the mend. Keep listening to tunes when you are on the mend and yep music is the best therapy, so if you can tinker with some new tunes as well might keep your mind occupied.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand