Boss RC30 looper

Started by Hilary, January 20, 2018, 06:29:18 AM

Hilary

Anyone got a Boss RC 30 looper pedal - I'm trying to load a wav file into it and not having a lot of luck (I have saved a file onto it - as the manual says it won't work unless a file has been saved).

Thanks.

btw - it's a million times better than the ditto.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

64Guitars

I've never used an RC-30 but I've just had a look at the manual and can suggest a few things you might be doing wrong.

• What is the format of your WAV file? The RC-30 can only import WAV files that are 16-bit stereo with a sampling frequency of 44.1 kHz. If your WAV file is not in this format, you must convert it first. Also, the WAV file must be at least 1.5 seconds long.

• Where are you putting the WAV file? The RC-30 memory drive has a folder called "ROLAND". Inside the ROLAND folder, you'll find another folder named "WAVE". Inside the WAVE folder, you'll find several folders with names like "001_1", "001_2", etc. You MUST put your WAV file inside one of these "0xx_y" folders. Which one you use depends on the phrase and track in which you want to access the WAV file. The first part of the folder name is the phrase and the second part is the track number. For example, to use your WAV file in phrase 7, track 2, you have to put the WAV file in the folder ROLAND/WAVE/007_2. Make sure that the folder is empty before you copy your WAV file into it as you can only have one WAV file per 0xx_y folder. Don't overwrite any WAV file that is already in a folder. To play your WAV file, you have to select the phrase and track that corresponds to the 0xx_y folder in which you copied the WAV file.

• What is the name of your WAV file? According to the manual, the RC-30 will only accept filenames containing uppercase letters, numbers, and underscores. So, if your filename contains lowercase letters or other characters such as hyphens, spaces, periods, apostrophes, etc., then you'll have to rename it.
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hilary

Hello 64 - thanks very much for helping.

The file is wav 16-bit 44100 and over 1.5 seconds long.

The PC doesn't seem to register the Boss as a drive - that's why I'm thinking it might be the cable but I don't have another one to try at the moment. It's new and I've not done it before so it could also be something silly I'm doing.

It's switched on when I'm plugging it in like it says in the manual and I've saved one on the Boss, also like it says in the manual.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hilary

OMG I've actually got a track on there - it keeps starting at the beginning and I was hoping to pause it and restart but it's looking a lot more promising than it was this afternoon!

(It's for tomorrow . . .)

I'm excited - it's a great bit of kit, shame I'm such a technophobe.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça