Meet Mr Taylor

Started by chapperz66, January 14, 2018, 01:20:50 PM

chapperz66

I could have been in a lot of trouble but Mrs Chapperz is remarkably understanding. 

I only went into a shop to get a relatively inexpensive controller keyboard for my DAW. I had a few hours to kill while the wife was at a meeting in town so I decided to try out a few acoustics.  I was very taken with this 714ce - although it was strung a bit too manly for me.  Left the shop - which always helps with the price negotiations - but had a few discussions with her-who-must-be-obeyed, and went back a couple of days later. 

Left with this - and a keyboard controller.  Well it is my birthday on Tuesday.

Oldrottenhead

have a very happy birthday, you lucky bugger  ;D ;D
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

pjd1

Ive got GAS again ,, beautiful guitar
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

cuthbert

Congrats - that Taylor looks really sweet - can't wait to hear it!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

alfstone

Many, many congrats, that's really a GREAT guitar! A wonderful birthday present, I would say... ;D

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Pine

Congrats!! You have a very understanding wife...and your choice of guitars is stunning. The picture doesn't do it justice, so i'm taking the liberty of posting a link to the 700 series so folks can see the incredible beauty of that instrument. The aesthetic details are awesome.

https://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/acoustic/series/700/story

I have a Taylor GS Mini mahogany which sounds great and plays like a dream. Also bought a new Taylor 314CE Koa ( a 2000, pre-expression system) as a 50th B-Day present to myself (17 years ago) I always thought it was a bit bright but just in the last 2 years it's really mellowed. The 700 series and the 800 series are incredible... but waaay out of my budget. Enjoy that beauty...it will only get better with age....like all of us eh!   ;)

recorder
Boss BR-1200

kenny mac

Wow nice one.
Looking forward to hearing it.

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

A very fine instrument sir. I was tempted by a Taylor but got lured away by a Fender Tim Armstrong Hellcat because I'm used to Fender necks. Looking forward to hearing it.    Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Mike_S

Sure is pretty... enjoy!!

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand