Outside Looking In

Started by Rata-tat-tat, January 13, 2018, 10:12:40 AM

Rata-tat-tat

Hey guys this post is more of a thought and a.... thank you to all.... than a rant. As some of you may have seen I've been working with a real cool band here in CO. As many of us on this site know... music comes and goes in peoples lives... as they may have an increased work load... or family matters take precedence ....or as we all have seen..veteran crafters pass on to greener pastures. Personally I feel this place will be with me for the rest of my life. I have met some really cool cyber-friends here... and have had the pleasure of Video Conferencing with several folks on the site. This place is more than just a collaboration for music site. It's a place to foster friendships and relationships that last a lifetime. All that said... this place is where I turn to for inspiration to get back into it... Just want all to know this site is helping me realize what it is about music that keeps me wanting to play... It's the members...I  Thank you all for the inspiration.

I will try to get some more drum tracks up soon. After working with 3canSam... I've realized my recordings are very lack luster and I should try to achieve a better sound (Invest more time in setup).... That said hopefully my new tracks will sound much better. Also... I've started to play to a meter... I've usually played by the seat of my pants or the beat of my heart in past bands. The music I now play requires a bit more on the technical side so I have to make myself play "On the Beat" rather than ahead of or behind. I should have something to post in the next couple of weeks. Again... thank you all.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely