Bad Scare!

Started by tkofaith, May 12, 2009, 12:30:10 PM

tkofaith

I went to practice bass with my mp3's on my MBR this morning.  When I pushed the power button I had a brief light up and then nothing.  I changed the batteries...nothing.  I plugged it in with the charger (yes, the correct one. PS120 I think.  I know it's the right one, I just can't remember what it's called right now ;D)....nothing.  I removed the batteries and kept it plugged in....nothing.  I removed the SD card and plugged it back in....POWER!  I powered down, unplugged and reinserted the card and the batteries...POWER!  My day had already been crappy, so to have this happen didn't help.  But...it was certainly comforting that it works again!

Tim
Cheers!

Tim

"Music survives everything, and like God, it is always present.
It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance.  It has always found
me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will."
--Eric Clapton

Flash Harry

Aaaarrrrggggggghhhhhh!!!!!! don't go spreading those bad machine day vibes round! It's worse than swine 'flu.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

tkofaith

Quote from: Flash Harry on May 12, 2009, 01:52:38 PMAaaarrrrggggggghhhhhh!!!!!! don't go spreading those bad machine day vibes round! It's worse than swine 'flu.

LOL!  I swear if I hadn't gotten it to work, that would have been the end of me...the straw that broke the camel's back...you get the picture.  I was at the very end of my rope!  Now, however, at least one thing has gone right today!  The outlook changes quite a bit when you get at least one positive!
Cheers!

Tim

"Music survives everything, and like God, it is always present.
It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance.  It has always found
me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will."
--Eric Clapton

Wiley

I feel for you. Got my Br in January and now I don't know How I ever lived without it and all of you guys. LOL  Guess I would have to put it on a credit card.  Oh no thunder and lightning GOT TO UNPLUG MY BR See You soon.

Kody

Hahha! Just got the same weather forecast here in NE, Wiley!! TKOFaith, where've you been brutha?  I haven't seen you post for a long time.  I was wondering what happened to ya...I'm glad God left ya a good-working MBR!! That could've been bad!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Blooby

My last BR glitch was working myself up into a complete lather over two weeks or so because my display wasn't showing clearly.  It was all jumpy and illegible. 

I finally realized it was a simple contrast issue.

Doh!

Blooby

Geir

Save that scary sh*t to Halloween !!!!!! (pardon my French)
puh .. glad it's ok tho'

Geir
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ted

QuoteI plugged it in with the charger (yes, the correct one.)

A lesson I learned--the hard way--is to always back up my SD card anytime the MBR is connected to the computer for any reason.  I've been meaning to write up my horror story for awhile now.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac