Peaceful haze - (using MICROtracks Vol 2 backer)

Started by Satchwood, May 12, 2009, 12:27:38 PM

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

I definitely got a 'Dark Side of the Moon' vibe from this, which is a massive thumbs up! I could hear little refrains and licks from 'Breathe' in particular. But this is really excellent in it's own right. The layering is amazing - a real pro mixing job, for sure. Just great.

Satchwood

Thank you ORH!  Thank you Greeny!  I wish I could play like the ole Floyd boys.  I appreciate your comments!

I'm thinking of totally re-doing this as a more original piece with a little less monotonous chord progression.  This genre is kind of appealing to me at the moment - and rather soothing...
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

OsCKilO

This is the stuff that dreams are made of Satch!!!!

Guitar don't get much beter than this!

Love the dreamy feel! Nailed It!!!!!

Peace

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Satchwood

Thanks mr. T!  I appreciate the comments! 

Seems we all need a little "dreamy" escape now and then these days!  I enjoyed listening to your daydreamy tune too!

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

ksauers

That was awesome! I could see the lazer light show behind it!

Satchwood

Thank you ksauers! 

I would like to do some more of this style of music - One of my all time guitar heros is David Gilmour.

Ferryman

This is great but would be even better if you made it a bit more original and added some variation. But I really like your guitar work and it shines out very well here. Very dreamy but never boring.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

Wha!!!!!  Tingly spine, wonderful guitars, superb progressions. It was written just for me I'm sure.

It's going on the PiePod.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.