This last year has been very hard and I'm having a hard time.

Started by galestermusic, January 08, 2018, 03:07:49 PM

galestermusic

On November 1st, 2016 I lost my father by a freak incident brought on by a lung biopsy. He was 73 and he has cheated death more than I would ever want to test. But, he finally passed on after fighting for 5 days after we removed him from life support. I miss him dearly and often catch myself wanting to call him.

On the morning of January 31, 2017 at almost 2am I got a call from my son. He still lives in WV and my wife and I just moved to Florida. He said dad I have to tell you something and I thought it was my mom. He said Kayla is dead...just blurted it out like that. You see, Kayla was my daughter. She would have been 29 on February 18, 2017. She died from a heroin and fentanyl overdose on Jan 30, 2017. I'm having such an incredibly hard time because of here anniversary. It makes no sense to me and not logical to let it effect me this way.

I know this is really deep and don't mean to burden any with the thought. Just very difficult for me right now. I did a tribute song and video for her. It's call "Song for Kayla." Thank you in advance for allowing me to vent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk7xGOZdd2Q

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

alfstone

Impossible to say something meaningful. The truth is that no man/woman should survive his/her children, so this is a pain you will have someway to learn to live with, more or less, day by day...

For sure I can feel you pain in your playing.

Sorry for my bad English, un abbraccio.

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Vanncad

That is a beautiful tribute.

I can't imagine your pain, but my heart goes out to you brother.

- Vann
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Pine

That's some real sad news. Lost my dad long ago but still think of him alot... and miss him. He was 82 tho and lived a very full and healthy life. Losing a daughter ( I have two) at that age is just tragic, especially in the way she died. I truly believe that souls are immortal so even tho loved ones pass, they are never really gone from us as long as they are remembered. Deepest condolences to you. The vid and tune were a good tribute and hopefully at least a little bit therapeutic in the healing process.
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Groundy

So sorry for your loss, this is such a beautiful tribute you have done, It's so sad about your Dad but
I can't imagine losing a Daughter, As Alfredo said no man should survive his children.

Alex.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Jean Pierre

Cher Galestermusic ( je neconnais pas votre prénom)

Je suis très touché par votre histoire personnelle, d'autant plus que vous avez eu la gentillesse de repondre aujourd'hui sur ma cover de River of Tears

et d'autant plus touché que j'ai perdu mon pere il y a maintenant de nombreuses années mais la cicatrice n'est toujours pas refermée et je pense souventàlui..)

Perdre à quelques mois d'intervalle  un pere et une fille est vraiment terrible
video et musique émouvante

Puissions nous dans notre communauté et avec la musique vous apporter quelque réconfort

Bien amicalement  Jean Pierre (My Idol is Jahia)

excuse my bad english
Dear Galestermusic (I did not know your name)

I am very touched by your personal story, especially since you were kind enough to answer today on my cover of River of Tears

and all the more touched that I lost my father many years ago now but the scar is still not closed and I often think of it ..)

Losing a few months apart a father and a girl is really terrible
video and moving music

May we in our community and with music bring you some comfort

With kind regards Jean Pierre (My Idol is Jahia)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

TPB

I am so sorry for your loss my father died last Oct went from teaching kick boxing and zumba  to dying within a 5 week period and I still am processing him being gone. The loss of a child is unfathomable in my mind but the tribute is one way to let some of it out
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Farrell Jackson

I can hear the emotions of sadness and loss in your playing. A very beautiful tribute to your daughter. I'm so sorry for your loss. I have a daughter of similar age and I can't imagine losing her.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Hook

Very moving piece of music, so very sorry for your loss.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely