Gossip,Liars,&Cheats.........1st song

Started by Hacker, May 12, 2009, 08:19:24 AM

Hacker

Thanks guy's, the encouragement from you and listening to the other songs here is very motivating. I really want to improve on every level.

I wish I could re-mix this but I didn't really grasp the bouncing thing, I think I get it now.

What I was doing was recording my additional tracks on TR34V1 boucing it and then deleting TR34V1 to record on those tracks again. So those track are gone. I thought I HAD to record on TR34V1.

If I understand it correctly now, I can just move on to TR34V2, TR34V3 etc... and bounce those over to TR12V2....V3....V4...etc... and keep my original "un-bounced" additional tracks. Is this correct?

This forum is great motivation and inspiration, and has been VERY VERY helpful in the short period of time I've been here. Many times I didn't need to ask a question, I could just search for it and get my answers from past post's. Awesome!

Geir

We've all done those irreversible mistakes Hacker, but we're all learning and improving and so will you. Your certainly have a great start!

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bro

Sweet, i'm not that much into the drums, but don't mind me.

My drum-appetite is very hard to satisfy!

I agree with the other guys, ZZ Top, Great!!!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

64Guitars

Quote from: Hacker on May 13, 2009, 07:18:27 AMWhat I was doing was recording my additional tracks on TR34V1 boucing it and then deleting TR34V1 to record on those tracks again. So those track are gone. I thought I HAD to record on TR34V1.

If I understand it correctly now, I can just move on to TR34V2, TR34V3 etc... and bounce those over to TR12V2....V3....V4...etc... and keep my original "un-bounced" additional tracks. Is this correct?

That's correct. See this message for a good example:

https://songcrafters.org/community/micro-br-b65/cowgirl-in-the-sand/msg3362/#msg3362

Unfortunately, due to the recent reorganization of the boards, the track sheet attachment is no longer visible. I believe that Pedro is working on a solution to this problem. In the meantime, here's a direct link to the track sheet:

And here's a blank track sheet which you can use to help organize your own tracks:

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

i love the drums they are right in your face, great lyric and vox, vocal reminded me of alice cooper, great 1st post
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

That was a rippin' first post!! Excellent! Getting a T-Rex feel myself. I've been there with the bounced drums - It's a bear having to go back, because of all the panning and levels you have to reset. I'm still a knucklehead in that department at times....

Definitely use the track sheet - that helps - there is also a drumtrack sheet, which I thought was in the effects section, but I can't find it now.

Thanks for posting - see you around.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Geir

Quote from: oldrottenhead on May 13, 2009, 10:27:00 AMi...vocal reminded me of alice cooper, great 1st post
Yes, that's it ... been bugging me all day !! Even the song could be some old AC forgotten track ...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

OsCKilO

Great Post....!!!!

Great First Post!!!

This is just Great!!!

Great Tune!

Did I say Great!

Peace

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Blooby

I'm hearing phasing.  Once you bounced it to stereo with the drums, did you turn off the drum  machine on the BR?

I like the vibe of this tune.

Blooby

Hacker

64G's....THANKS for that track sheet, that is perfect!

GUY'S........ZZTop, Alice Cooper, T-REX........you are all TOOOOOOOO kind.

But being 46 That's all right up my alley,..........46, did I really say that! ::) Oh Man.

Once again, Thank you all so much for the kind words.

"Maybe next time will be some kind of Mozart style ;D"