Acoustic Guitar Recommendations

Started by T.C. Elliott, December 26, 2017, 07:32:04 PM

Vanncad

Quote from: alfstone on December 27, 2017, 05:01:58 AMActually the Epiphone production is at a very high level.

For that $$$, I would go to the top of their acoustic guitars, a new Masterbuilt:

https://www.musicstore.de/it_IT/EUR/Epiphone-DR-500MCE-Masterbilt-Vintage-Sunburst/art-GIT0017958-000

Alfredo

I was planning on looking at an Epiphone Masterbuilt just before Christmas. Unfortunately no one in my area carries them so I have to go out of town. We had a snow storm, so I had to postpone my shopping trip. I'm gonna check one out in the new year though.

I have heard great things about Simon and Patrick.
I have also heard great things about "Recording King" guitars although I have never played (or even seen) one.

Yamaha acoustics are great bang for your buck guitars as well. I know a guy with a mid-range Yamaha and a low-range Martin and the Yamaha blows it away at less than half the price.

I have an Applause  (Ovation Copy) and a Taylor Baby. The Applause is a piece of crap, but sounds okay mic'd. The Taylor is great for traveling, but sounds way too thin to be taken seriously.

Good luck huntin!
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover