I am a vinyl junkie and my name is Oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, December 24, 2017, 12:47:03 PM

Oldrottenhead

I just gave my youngest daughter an early Christmas present. A retro turntable and some old albums. She is into musicals so nothing I really liked but I chose well to suit her tastes, she is delighted.

But My god I was transported back in time , the act of taking a record out of it's sleeve putting it on the turntable and placing the needle was like a mystical experience.

I will be hitting the record stores very soon for my next fix.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

I feel you brother. I inherited my fathers turn table a few years ago and have been enjoying my old and quote a bit of new vinyl. I even have a few packages under the tree that look a lot like records. Tampa is also the home to 2 wonderful used record shops. Not a day goes by that I don't drop the needle on some record.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

T.C. Elliott

I've never collected vinyl, but my father has a huge collection from the 70's onward. But I just got one of those turntable/cd player/radio/bluetooth jobs so I suppose the couple of albums I've collected along the way will finally be getting a listen.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Groundy

Some years ago a friend of mine bought her son a Stereo System for Christmas, She explained to him what it had, It played Cd's Mp3' a Radio, she said it even plays records,
What're records he Said?

;D ;D ;D

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs