New in Town

Started by Bosko Schwartz, May 11, 2009, 07:33:51 PM

Bosko Schwartz

Greetings, fellow Boss users and abusers.  Obviously, I'm the newest new guy in this here forum, but I'm no stranger to Boss.  I have owned Boss recorders since 2000 -- first the BR-8, and now the BR-1600 CD, which I've used for the last 4 years and absolutely LOVE.  I am a songwriter/musician with a "band" that consists of yours truly (drums), this guy right here (bass guitar), me (keyboards), myself (guitar), and I (vocals).  I am completely self-taught in everything, including and especially recording, which is a pretty good excuse I like to use whenever my stuff sounds like crap.

I come from outer space -- er, I mean, the Yahoo BR-1600 User's Group -- and I am excited to meet fellow musicians/artists/weirdoes here for help, input, feedback, support, and insults (but only if I REALLY deserve them).

Speaking of feedback, I am always willing to take the brunt of hardcore, honest constructive criticism (although praise is equally welcome :D), so whenever you have a free moment, please take a gander and a listen at my cheapo website: www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels.  I have been in various bands (usually as the drummer) throughout the last 18 or so years, but I quit the "band" scene a few years ago and started my own little one-man-thing, and I am currently working on the finishing touches of my debut album, a concept album about alien abduction that is a metaphor for some of the ups and downs of my life over the past decade.

Thanks for your time, and I looking forward to meeting all of you soon!
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Kody

Welcome aboard man!! I listened to your first song on your Myspace page~ Sounds great!! This is my favorite website, hopefully you'll see/hear why...This place is full of inspiration and positive feedback~ I haven't seen any insults here....People here are from all over the world and we get along great!! Glad you found us!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Bro

Welcome! Don't worry about critics, folks are nice in here!

Hop aboard, greetings from Denmark!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Bluesberry

Hello from Atlantic Canada,  I started with the microBR last year and just got myself a BR-1200 a month ago.  I love it, I am really getting into the whole one man band thing also (including out of tune vocals).  This is a great site to post some of your music and get great feedback.  Have a look around, check out some of the music going down on here.  I checked out your website and I am very impressed.  Your songs sound really great.  I have to agree with you 100% in your musical influences also.  You are going to get along great around here.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bosko Schwartz

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!  And thanks to Kody and Bluesberry for the kind words about my music!  I will definitely have a look around and will be posting plenty of stuff soon.

I think I'm gonna like it here ...  :)

Wiley

Yes welcome from Iowa,  This is the place for one man bands. LOL  Its a great place to collab with other also.  Everyone is very nice.

launched

Welcome bosko! If you're looking for weirdos you'll find plenty here :D

Actually, this is a great site - I have a Micro BR which has been my only Boss recording device. There are a lot of resources here that got me up to speed in no time - you'll find the members here to be affable and top notch.

See you around town,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bosko Schwartz

Thanks, wiley and launched!

This is crazy!  Like Pinedog, I too had searched for another Boss Group online and couldn't find one until we were invited by Bruce Johnson, who posted the invite in our Yahoo BR-1600 User's Group.  Pinedog and I had been in the Yahoo Group for years now, but it has recently kind of slowed down to a lull.  Don't get me wrong -- I still dig the old Yahoo Group, but this place is hopping and full of energy!  I love it!!

How long has this group been in existence?

Looks like there are a ton of Micro BR owners in here.  I may have to get me one o' them there little DEE-vices (that's old school Texas-speak) just to join in on the fun.  I travel a lot and this could replace my little digital micro-recorder.

Kody

As far as I know, this site was started at the end of '07...It was called "Microrecorders.org" aimed towards the Micro br and "other" portable recorders.  I have had a BR900 for years, but I couldn't resist looking into the Micro BR~ That's how I found this place...after being a member and hearing what people were doing with the MBR, I had to get me one....I have had zero regrets my brutha.  The site just recently changed formats~just a couple months ago....I'm glad you found this place~ By the sound of your music on your Myspace page, you'll be golden inspiration for many of us here including myself......and you play/record REAL drums 8) That's great....not many drummers around here....I'm somewhat familiar with the Texas-speak lol, I have relatives way down in Harlingen, TX....I'm in NE BTW....Good to meet ya~ Look forward to having you around!!

PeAcE
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Satchwood

Greetings from Phoenix Arizona - you've come to the right place!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)