Songcrafters' 10th Anniversary

Started by 64Guitars, December 14, 2017, 10:31:22 PM

cuthbert

Wow, to think that ten years ago I was still in the middle of my self-imposed exile from music-making due to the untimely passing of my songwriting partner (who was also my best friend since high school).

The first action that changed things for me was buying my first ukulele in the winter of 2008, which re-sparked my interest in making music and eventually led me to buy a Boss Micro BR. The second action, and most important one, was finding this community in the early summer of 2009 when I was trying find the answer to a question about bouncing on the Micro BR. I was so happy to find kindred spirits making great music on their MBRs, and also stunned at the positive and supportive vibe of the place. And I was on my way...

It's been a great ride ever since. Long live Songcrafters, and here's to the next ten years!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Mike_S

Indeed... happy Anniversary to Songcrafters. It has brought much joy to me in the last 4 or so years I have been a member. It is a proper community unlike the many other sites out there. Here's to another 10!!

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

IanR

Hi Folks,

Yes, congrats on 10 years. I think I joined in late 2009, just after buying an MBR. I am so glad that I bought that instead of the Zoom recorder that I was also eyeing at the time. It has been great participating on the site and watching and hearing the development of so many talented people.

I especially thank the dedicated people who keep the site alive and the pages working. You make it great for the rest of us who flit in and out as the inspiration is upon us. There is always something great to discover when I come back.

The new site features are very modern and friendly. Thanks to 64 Guitars for the upgrade. This is a fitting uplift for the 10th anniversary.

Cheers everyone

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Groundy

Happy Anniversary Songcrafters, Here's to the next 10.
Really well done, 64, Mike, James, Cuthbert, for all your admin work.

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

alfstone

Happy anniversary, I'm so proud to be a Songcrafter!  ;D

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Kenny B

Happy Anniversary Songcrafters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember finding this place years ago and being a Newbie and messaging 64 with a
simple question about posting ... and he responded immediately ... and I posted my
first idea on the Collaboration board and I was met with welcomes by so many and
I was overwhelmed by the positive support from this community.  I had been recording
my ideas and could never find anyone who would give me the time of day or had
the patience to work on original songs with me.  The creative talent was enticing and
was also a bit daunting ... and it still is!!!  So I thank this wonderful group who respect
and support each other and the admin group who makes this place happen and those that
have collaborated with me and shared your talent with me and gave me the opportunity
to do what I had always dreamed of ... making music.

Thanks,  Kenny B.

recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Vanncad

Happy Anniversary SONGCRAFTERS!!!!

I remember coming to this site and listening songs posted on Neilfest. I believe I was directed here by 64 after posting some stuff on his old site.
It was just unbelievable to me that there were so many people around the world were willing to collaborate and listen to and/or comment on everyone's home recordings.

My wife had bought me a BR600 for Christmas and it was quite a while before I really started using it.
If I hadn't found this site, that thing probably would still be sitting in a box somewhere.

When I joined this site  (2009-ish?) the forum was separated by recording device type and the MBR board was the most active.
I had a BR600, so it took a while for people to hear some of my music, but many of the MBR users came over to listen and their comments were always very positive. Nobody ragged anyone or discouraged posting "off-beat" or "obscure" music.

I remember being very nervous posting my first songs and not feeling worthy after hearing some of the contributors on this site.
Thee was no need to worry though, because everyone has always been positive.
Collaborating with people has been a very positive experience and I have often used this site as a model when I talk about the importance of collaboration with teams at my workplace.

I have not been very active the last few years, and I have not been in touch with some of the members here who I used to have almost daily contact with, but they still feel like family to me.

To the members on this site:

I have smiled when I listened to your music
I have laughed at your comments
I have cheered at your progress
I have cried when you lost your battles
I have tried hard to make music that I thought you would like
I have been humbled when you have let me know when a song has affected you
I have been honored to be able to collaborate with many talented people around the world who are willing to provide their part to a collective result where everyone shares the success

This site has affected my life in a very profound way.
I thank 64,  Flash, Cuthbert, ORH and all the other admins who selflessly give us this space to share our music.

So, I really just want to say "CHEERS!"
This is truly a wonderful place!!  :D

It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

kenny mac

It's been emotional.
Many many songs have been crafted with my fellow songcrafters.
There is no better site.
I'll never forget Rob,he is there in my heart and head forever.
All the guys that run it are stars
Happy anniversary to all.

AndyR

Yep, Happy Anniversary one and all :)

A big thanks to all the folks making it work and keeping it going. A special big shout out for 64G - heroic work.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

thetworegs

Happy Anniversary Songcrafters and a pat on the back to the Admin team And  especially for 64G a "for he's a jolly good fellow, and so say all of us"....for such sterling work on the site ;D

If Life is a dream then use your imagination