I'm Broken - Live recording 1(5)

Started by madrab, December 04, 2017, 02:10:29 AM

madrab

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Hello friends!
I have finally squeezed in a few of my original songs in to the repertoire of my old band. (Started playing in the eighties, named after a place in the tv-show Dallas. Took a long paus around -90 and started again a few years ago. And yes, the picture is old – I had long hair.) Last friday we did a gig a place called Bluesbaren / the Blues Bar here in Stockholm. 31 songs in three sets with 15 minutes in between. It was fun and exhausting.

This is my first time singing for audience. I started the second set with a Jimmy Reed-style blues. In this, as well as in the other songs I did, I really wanted to keep it simple: a AAB structure of each verse. And playing guitar at the same time I kept it in E. 

I AM BROKEN

I am broken
(I) Can't do like I did//
But if one foot's in the grave
The other one is kicking free

I am trying
To get back to your love//
(But) If there's one thing I can do
 that's to bring it home to you

I got got blisters on my feet
And my legs are going numb
My body is getting weak
And my mind is going dumb
But I am crawling
(There's) Nothing else that I can do
I may be weak, dumb and numb
But I  am coming home to you

Yes, I am broken
(I) Can't do like I did//
But there's one thing I can do
 that's to bring it home to you

Groundy

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Redler

Really good live performance! Brilliant singing and playing. I can hear a ghost of Dr. Feelgood on this!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

stoman

Great work! I love it when you guys post live recordings of your original music. I never had a band, and boy, did I want one, when I was young ...

Rolow

Great sounding live blues track.  A tribute to original blues, well played and well sung.

The audience background was just enough to pull us into the scene without getting in

the way of the music.

Good singing.

Ron
Let it be known, there is a fountain, that was not made, by the hands of men.