Dechromium Cob (Redux) -- rare blues from me

Started by Ted, May 11, 2009, 03:22:08 PM

Geir

Oooohh there's definitively a Zappa heritage here!!! As I revealed in a couple of my previous posts I'm kinda "Zappad" myself so this is sweet music in my ears!

Geir
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Satchwood

Cool and grungy singing!  Reminds me a little George Thorogood at first - but then the end just totally cracked me up with those background voices! ...and then your comment about the muppets started ringing through my head...

I was entertained Ted - thanks for sharing!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

StevieM

Can't say anything that hasn't been said!!!! Takes me back a bit!
Great.
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Ted

[Note: In another topic, Nigel A.K.A. "Ferryman_1957" A.K.A. "Horny Harold" and I have been discussing how to thwart the limitations of the MBR drum machine.]

Nigel, you may be interested to know that this song also posed a drum arrangement challenge that turned into a math problem: How to put in that break near the beginning that lasts nine beats.

I figured out that nine beats at 75 bpm lasts 7.2 seconds, then (after much calculating) I figured out that one measure of pattern "327 Break" at 40 bmp plus a second measure at 200 bpm equal exactly the same number of seconds.

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on May 12, 2009, 10:40:19 AMNine year old girl screeching should be on more records. What does she think of the finished result? Hav you dared play it to her....?

She was proud and embarrassed in the way only a nine-year-old can be.  She loved it, but made me promise not to play it for any of her friends.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Kody

Ahh, I love it, Ted!!  You do sound like "Animal", the Muppet....hahahha~ Good stuff, man!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Ferryman

Quote from: Ted on May 12, 2009, 11:09:37 PMI figured out that nine beats at 75 bpm lasts 7.2 seconds, then (after much calculating) I figured out that one measure pattern "327 Break" at 40 bmp plus a second measure at 200 bpm equal exactly the same number of seconds.
Ted, you are turning into the drum wizard here. This is all good advice, I'll have to keep pushing the boundaries of the MBR drums a bit more.

Quote from: Ted on May 12, 2009, 11:09:37 PM
She was proud and embarrassed in the way only a nine-year-old can be.  She loved it, but made me promise not to play it for any of her friends.
LOL! I bet when she's a bit older and into Zappa/Beefheart then she'll think it's cool. Make sure you play her the right kind of music. My son used to love Unconditionally Guaranteed at the age of 10, but I don't think he was ready for Trout Mask Replica.

BTW, I just LOVE this track. It's a real grower and gets inside your head. I just keep playing it again and again. Can we have a whole album of this stuff please?

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bro

Great slide lead guitar!

Lovely lyrics too! :D Great job Ted! :)
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

SE

Excellent,eccentric, wonderfull enjoyed it very much indeed.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Ted

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on May 13, 2009, 02:09:40 AMBTW, I just LOVE this track. It's a real grower and gets inside your head. I just keep playing it again and again. Can we have a whole album of this stuff please?

Thank you, but No!  I don't ever want to inflict that on my throat again, even it does give me an excuse to drink medicinal whiskey.

But feel free to check out The Nutrients, my high school band featuring songs written around the same time, recorded on a Ross 4x4, with a Roland TR 505 for drums.

Quote from: 0jimihendrix0 on May 13, 2009, 08:05:37 AMGreat slide lead guitar!

Lovely lyrics too! :D Great job Ted! :)

Thanks again.  I was probably your age or younger when I wrote those lyrics.  I'm no slide guitarist.  That solo was patched together from the best bits of three takes.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac