Player Error

Started by Pete C, November 25, 2017, 01:22:55 AM

64Guitars

Quote from: Hilary on October 12, 2020, 12:32:34 AMCan you advise please - none of the songs play properly on my phone here (unless they are linked to another site) - they cut off part way through and start again at the beginning. I have downloaded Firefox which I thought would work but it doesn't - which of the browsers are supposed to work?? I know it's not Safari and Chrome.

Sorry that you're having trouble playing the songs. As I said in my earlier post in this topic, the problem isn't with our mp3 players, it's with the server we're on. That's why mp3 files hosted offsite will play just fine. There are many factors that can affect streaming. For instance, the server may be busier at different times of the day and streaming will be better when it's less busy. Different browsers seem to handle streaming issues differently, so some seem more prone to stopping part way through a song than others, though it can happen with any browser. The device and network you're using to access Songcrafters can be a factor too. I'm using a 10 year old desktop computer with Ubuntu Linux and Firefox and I have no trouble with our players. They work just fine for me. I don't have a very fast internet connection but I'm connecting over wired ethernet which is always faster and more reliable than a wireless connection.

All I can suggest is to try different browsers, and try accessing the site at different times of the day when (hopefully) the server's less busy. And make sure you don't have other apps and websites open. They may be trying to access the internet at the same time, slowing down your internet access to Songcrafters. Automatic updates running in the background can do the same thing. I turn off automatic updates whenever possible. If none of this solves the problem then all you can do is download the songs instead of using our players.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

AndyR

Hi 64, I'm not sure it's the same thing, but I'll stick it in this thread anyway.

I'm getting songs pausing. I've never had it before myself.
I'm not too worried, I just hit play and it continues.
I thought you'd like to know, though.

Seems intermittent (was happening quite a lot this morning when I was listening and working).

Also it seems to happen equally to both mp3s hosted here and elsewhere.

I'm on good ole Chrome and Windows 10.

Earlier I had Zoom loaded as well (but not in a meeting, just viewing work contacts and replying to messages). It's a hog (this is the zoom client) when you're on video calls, but seems ok when you're not.

I had another pause just now, and Zoom is not loaded at all.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Rob Grant

I get songs that suddenly end and then lock up. However, if I go to another song, it play just fine. I thought maybe the files were too big and just cut off. In any event, I have no problems overall????
"The road to hell is paved with good intents"

StephenM

I have never had problems before until I installed windows 11... now sometimes the song will pause itself randomly when playing.  It will play again when I strike the pause button... weird... even my old POS computer didn't do this... oh well.. it's not the end of the world kind of thing anyway..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Mike_S

All ok on my iMac operating system Big Sur v 11.6
recorder
iPad GarageBand

guitarron

I noticed the last couple os updates, my iPad and iPhone now play them all the way through. OS 15.2

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand