micro br decision

Started by gthreeman, May 11, 2009, 10:31:06 AM

gthreeman

Hi everyone.
I'm not a member of the BOSS family just yet, although I will be soon. I'm looking at the BR's and was wondering if the Micro BR does a good job at recording vocals, or if maybe the BR600 and 900 might do a better job of recording vocals. I'm sure all the BR's will suit my needs musically for all the guitar stuff, but was curious of whether one of these does a better job at vocals.  Any advice on any of these would be appreciated. 
 Thanks.

Greeny

I love what the BR does with my vocals, but I'm being biased, as I haven't used anything else in the Boss range. The BR really does have a great mic though, and you can hold it in your hand like a microphone to record with it. Check out the post your work section to hear the micro's quality  :)

I think you should get one!  :D

gthreeman

Thanks for the input. That will definitly help in the decision making process.

64Guitars

The Micro BR will record vocals as well as any of the other BRs. However, unless the extremely small size of the Micro BR, its lower price, or the ability to play MP3s is important to you, I'd recommend the BR-600 instead. It's more intuitive to use and has more features than the Micro BR, yet it's still quite small and portable compared to the more expensive BR models such as the BR-900, BR-1200, and BR-1600. The BR-600 has a Vocal Pitch Correction feature and a lot more effects than the Micro BR.

Whichever BR you decide on, I'm sure you'll be very happy with it.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

gthreeman

Thanks for the advice 64guitars....I think you're right.  I've had my mind fairly set on the BR600 all along, your comments made up my mind.  Thankyou.

The Reverend 48

Quote from: gthreeman on May 11, 2009, 06:45:10 PMThanks for the advice 64guitars....I think you're right.  I've had my mind fairly set on the BR600 all along, your comments made up my mind.  Thankyou.

Good choice I have both but find myself using the '600 more and doing more with it........

drutgat

I have not really used any boss unit other than the Micro BR, but I have to say that I like the mic. so much that I think that I'm going to route my vocals through it going into my computer.