in the cold music by osckilo vox and lyrics by orh

Started by Oldrottenhead, May 10, 2009, 04:58:01 PM

Satchwood

Just had to take another listen - superb fine frosty tune - great drifty dreamy icey Osckilo music and the magic of ORH's lyrical genius!!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: oldrottenhead on September 11, 2009, 01:02:24 PM
QuoteYou're drinking Bud and you call McEwan's rubbish?

mcewans just isnt one of the better scottish beers, or heavies as wee call them. its a mass produced run of the mill beer, maybe they export a better version. but there are  at least a hundred better heavies than mcewans. there 80shilling is not bad but i would only drink that if the bar had nothing else.

That may be true about McEwan's, good sir, which I would not know because of the lack of Scottish imports here.  But by the same token, Budweiser is not only not one of the better American beers, but probably one of the worst.  Definitely also a "mass-produced run-of-the-mill beer."  Any true beer connoisseur would choose McEwan's over Bud 100 times out of 100.  I actually drink mostly American microbrews myself (too many good ones to list), due to the lack of good imports available here, but I find it hard to believe that McEwan's is considered bottom tier.  If so, that means your good Scottish beers must be ABSOLUTELY FMV(Violently)WABP!!! :o ;D

How do you feel about John Courage?  Samuel Smith's?  Hoegaarden?  Smithwick's?  Hopefully those are not "rubbish," as well; they are among my favorite imports.  I generally stay away from the basics like Heineken, Bass, Beck's, Foster's, etc., but even those are 10 times better than Budweiser.

I know you have uncannily good taste, so it just puzzles me that you would drink Bud over McEwan's.  Maybe I am dreaming  this very odd forum exchange??? ??? :o ???

Any other Beerphiles gonna back me up on my anti-Bud soapbox, or am I alone???  Anyone else tried McEwan's Scotch Ale?  I am baffled! :o

PS: Mark, you did not help.  Thanks a lot. :D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: osckilo on September 11, 2009, 11:57:48 AMBud tastes great from bottles, but I struggle to get drunk on the stuff.......

Bud NEVER tastes great!  It tastes like platypus piss!  Damnit, people!  Am I on an island here, or what?! ;D

OsCKilO

If it get's you Pished, It's worth drinking!

Bud is like water......

Bud is good for a Hot day, when you dont want to (Or can't)   get drunk............

There is no point in drinking it sometimes though......

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Tony W

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on September 11, 2009, 05:24:40 PM
It tastes like platypus piss!
  Damnit, people!  Am I on an island here, or what?! ;D

I'm pretty damn sure you just put yourself on an island bud.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

thing is bud is a lager, we dont call it beer its a lager,
and lager as long as its very very cold is ok.

now beer is a different kettle of fish, beers (not lager or beir) but beer is.....................oldrottenhead is lost for words.

thing is i usually drink lager, its lite and easy and refreshing.

beer is strong, tasty , filling a couple of beers and its like you have had a good meal and you got pissed too. some beers are smooth and go down like milk, some are warm and taste like damp carpets but apparently they are the best sort you have to acquire the taste i could go on but go here http://www.camra.org.uk/
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on September 11, 2009, 05:21:45 PMPS: Mark, you did not help.  Thanks a lot. :D

Sorry, dude! I'm with you on quality beer - love it!! But Bud on a hot day after tinkering or working can't be beat. Not to mention that a quality microbrew is almost nine bucks a sixpack now. It's actually cheaper to brew your own now, which I do.

The world is changing in your favor, so don't worry!! High flavor beer didn't get popular until the early nineties. The time will come..

Quote from: Tony W on September 11, 2009, 05:36:57 PM
Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on September 11, 2009, 05:24:40 PM
It tastes like platypus piss!
  Damnit, people!  Am I on an island here, or what?! ;D

I'm pretty damn sure you just put yourself on an island bud.

;D ;D

Quote from: oldrottenhead on September 11, 2009, 05:39:23 PMthing is bud is a lager, we dont call it beer its a lager,
and lager as long as its very very cold is ok.

now beer is a different kettle of fish, beers (not lager or beir) but beer is.....................oldrottenhead is lost for words.

thing is i usually drink lager, its lite and easy and refreshing.

beer is strong, tasty , filling a couple of beers and its like you have had a good meal and you got pissed too. some beers are smooth and go down like milk, some are warm and taste like damp carpets but apparently they are the best sort you have to acquire the taste i could go on but go here http://www.camra.org.uk/

What you said!! Lager has its purpose - It's really tough to brew, too!! Especially at high alcohol levels.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: osckilo on September 11, 2009, 05:28:29 PMBud is like water......

There is no point in drinking it sometimes though......

My point exactly, sir. ;D

Jim, in America we classify lager under beer.  Lager is a type of beer, just as are stouts, porters, ales, etc.  That's why I referred to Bud as "beer."  Perhaps I should start referring to it as PP (platypus piss). :D

I don't feel that just any lager is good as long as it's cold.  And I would probably be the sort that would like the type of beer that to you tastes like "damp carpet." ;D

I guess we'll just agree to disagree on this one. ;D  I've exhausted myself on the subject of beer, but I love the site you referenced! :D

Tony W

I'm not a drinker at all.... anymore. Back in the day I would stop about drinking about 3 beers past regret every time. Now when I have an alcoholic beverage, its a Mikes hard lemonade, and never more than 2.

I'll leave the platypus piss to Boscko

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR