Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

The Vocal on this one gets to your inner-most parts!

Seems like so long ago Jim!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Geir

Quote from: oldrottenhead on September 10, 2009, 04:09:41 PMi couldnt listen to this one for ages

Great song, thanx for the bump!

I'l have yet another listen to this now .....

hush  ....

be quiet !!

I'm listening !!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bosko Schwartz

The combination of Osckilo/Tharek and Jim is almost too good to bear.

This guy Tharek just kills me.  He says he has only been playing for like a month, and every time anyone brings up any band, he says he has never heard of them, no matter who they are.  Here's a sample (imaginary) conversation via Boss Forum, based on me listening to an Osckilo track:

JOHN: This is amazing, Tharek.  Reminds me of The Beatles.

THAREK: Who?  The Beatles?  I've never heard of them before.

THAREK (seconds later, having posted 3 YouTube Beatles videos): Nice, J!

These Beatles are Sublime!

How do you know about all these Great Bands? 

I've been locked in a Cage for all but the last Month of my Life! 

I had never heard any Music ever! 

That is, until I picked up the Guitar to Write and Record my own Music! 

That was just 2 days ago! 

Thanks for introducing me to more Awesome Music! 

You get the Official Seal of Awesomeness!

Hope my little impression of you wasn't in bad taste, T.  I'm sure you know it was done out of love. :) :) :)

Now, back to the song.  I attempted to hang myself whilst listening, but the beauty of the music severed the noose and saved me.  Kidding, of course. 

To say that I am amazed would be a drastic and tragic understatement.  This is one of the best pieces I've heard in a long time.  Dark, yes.  Cold, yes.  But beautiful.  I have heard many say that without darkness, there can be no light.  Without cold, no warmth.  Without evil, no good.  It is a cheezy premise, but so true.  That's why I love minor, dark music like this.  T, the music is so atmospheric, and I can't even really tell what instruments are being used, or how many of them.  And in this case, that's a very good thing.  That is a true WALL OF SOUND, and fits the song perfectly.  I love it.  I also can't get over the backwards-effect in the outro.  I LOVE THAT!!!  Jim, your singing, as always, is excellent, but this time around, it's more about the lyrics and the feeling than the actual singing.  And a job well done, once again.  Love the Scottish brogue; it really works, as this is on the verge of being spoken word rather than singing.  I could listen to this for days and nights.  Over and over again.  I am blown away, gentlemen.  Blown the fuck away. :o :o :o
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: osckilo on May 24, 2009, 03:33:11 PMActually, it looks like Bud....... :)

But you should know......!

Quote from: oldrottenhead on May 24, 2009, 03:45:16 PMcould be ......... lol

If that's Budweiser, I'm more offended by that than the sight of a half-naked, gyrating, Jim Higgins. ;D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Oldrottenhead

QuoteIf that's Budweiser, I'm more offended by that than the sight of a half-naked, gyrating, Jim Higgins.
not sure if it was bud or stella cant remember i was very very drunk.
wot do you recommend i drink. hahaha
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

Cheers J!!!

Thanks for commenting!!!! I know how Busy you have been!

I Feel the Love Bro....!

Been Playing since 2003.......
No Time for leassons.....  
Inspiered by an advert on the T.V for "Cat-Stevens Greatest hits"

Heard the Guitar and thought "I need to do that!"

But knowing music is another story.....

Listening to music is something I never really had time for before........

Been on shift work since I was 18, in an enviroment where you cant listen to tunes because your attention needs to be on what you are doing......

Before that, the only music scene I was into was Drum and Bass....
It was the done thing where I grew up, and not many people liked other styles.

I knew who the Beatles were..... Just did know that they wrote every song under the Sun.........  (I only learned from Jim1970's post the other day that they did "hear comes the sun"...... Bloody hell!)  Did they leave any stone unturned?

Me and Kai fell into the Norwegian Wood Trap with "one" of our songs, as a result.....  Lol  :-[

To Make it worse, Western Music wasn't really played in the house when I was Growing up as a Kid.....

Movie Music is something I have aways been exposed to....  I remember the First Cassette I ever owned being the soundtrack from the Rocky Movies....

I Guess it was the only medium (Including T.V) that let me sit and absorb a Tune.....

To This day I could only tell you the names of a handful of tunes......

East London Life offers a degree of social exclusion sometimes......
But it is also a great way of being....

I'm Having the time of my life "Learning" about Music Now (You Tube is great!!! Who needs a CD collection!).....  It has Proved a useful Distraction to a tough set of months......

Thanks For The Comments J!!!!

It means a lot to me :)

Glad you Liked it......

Now where is My Jerky?!?!?!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

galestermusic

This is great. Where was I at in May, I missed this