Finally - a pedal board of my own.

Started by Greeny, October 06, 2017, 02:07:04 AM

Greeny

I think it's an age thing. For decades I've been fine just using individual pedals as required or using the COSM effects on my MBR, or the built-in ones on my Line 6 amp.

And then I started getting these middle-of-the-night hankerings and desires for a pedal board. You know how it is... the sweaty, yearning GAS that gets you in its clutches. I never used to be a gear-head.

So one night I ordered everything off Amazon (board, cables, power adaptor with 5 outputs, velcro tape, and a Trem and Boost pedal), and put one together.

The bad news was that my original Big Muff pedal isn't a standard 8v so couldn't play along with the rest of them. It's also too big for a pedal board, frankly. The good news is that I got a beautiful boutique mexican wrestler fuzz pedal as a present to replace it  :)

So, I have...

A BOSS - OD-20 Drive Zone (a big beast, but it's filled with loads of good amp and drive pedal sims: tubescreamer etc), a cheap mini tubsecreamer clone that I use as a boost, a Lucha fuzz pedal (looks and sounds awesome), a cheap tremolo pedal (tremolo is my most-used effect), and a weird, no-brand 80's chorus pedal I bought on e-Bay - it sounds pretty good, but is the one I'll probably replace at some point.

I did have my Italian Bespeco wah pedal on here at one point, but it was at the end of the chain and had to be left 'on' all the time. It's a cheap one, so doesn't have any bypass. Plus I only use wah sparingly (even though I really like it as a sound).

The guitar is my Epiphone Les Paul '56 Gold Top. For those who've been here over a decade, LesPaulGoldTop was my original handle. I still love it - P90's rule!

Blooby

Oldrottenhead

looking forward to hearing what comes out the other end. and hope you got some new kite material for us.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann